Conversion of C18 USB CDC firmware

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

#16 Post by pdo59 » 01 Oct 2008 21:45

Hi Mohan,
here is the great job of XorXaX and my minimal adjustment for eliminating the compilation warning: XorXaX+pdo.rar
I hope you help us ... good luck

Dany

Re: Conversion of C18 USB CDC firmware

#17 Post by Dany » 08 Oct 2008 18:28

XorXaX wrote:The device is found my
Windows Vista but as an "unknown device" in the Device Manager. I've
been using SourceUSB to see the communications with the device and it
fails when the PC is requesting the descriptor from the PIC.
Hi, is above still the case?
I am experimenting with a derived version of CDC in mikroPascal and I had the same problem. That problem was however solved after the correct driver was installed (usbser.sys), the PC sees the PIC now as an extra comport :D . Problem can be that I am using XP, you are using Vista.
Also another attentionpoint i struggled with: the vendor_id and the product_id both in the usb device descriptor and the .inf file should be the same (if you did not change those, the .inf file can also do without changes).
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

XorXaX

#18 Post by XorXaX » 08 Oct 2008 21:42

Hi!

I havn't heard that anyone has solved it. But maybe it is like you say.

but, where did you find this usbser.sys? Is it part of Windows?

Thanks.
Jonas Andersson, Sweden
EasyPIC3, EasyPIC5, various dev boards and fully licensed mikroC
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"

Dany

#19 Post by Dany » 09 Oct 2008 10:42

XorXaX wrote:where did you find this usbser.sys? Is it part of Windows
Yes, it is part of Windws. It is on the installation CD in "drivers.cab". :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

Dany

#20 Post by Dany » 29 Nov 2008 11:41

Hi all, an USB CDC library with buffer ping pong mode (mode 2) is also available now (in Pascal i'm afraid):
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=37 :D
Kind regards, Dany.

propkop2k2

#21 Post by propkop2k2 » 21 Sep 2010 17:15

Hi

I have had a look at the Microchip USB CDC code that was converted by XorXAX and posted above, after two days of debugging I have fixed up all the errors that I could find. The project compiles fine and runs perfectly in ISIS, both sending and receiving to and from the host work.

All the errors were related to pointers. I have also moved all the descriptor strings etc back into program code space, this has freed up quite a bit of ram.

I haven't had chance to use actual hardware, but I do not see that it should cause any problems.

The link for the corrected code. http://www.filefactory.com/file/b391fg6/n/cdc_1-3.rar

isaacungerovich

#22 Post by isaacungerovich » 22 Dec 2010 09:25

I am trying to communicate a pic18f14k50 a with a pc through the CDC protocol with mikroC. I am using the cdc_1-3 class made by propkop2k2 and I can not make it work. I have made some changes in the classes so it can be compatible with the pic18f14k50 but it still not working.

I wanted to know if some one had make a CDC communication with mikroC with the pic18f14k50 and can help me.

I would also like to know if the cdc_1-3 class works with another pic, so I can know if my problem is because I am not able to adapt the class to my pic or if the problem is because the class does not work yet.

Thanks.

Simone

#23 Post by Simone » 09 Jul 2011 11:29

propkop2k2 wrote:Hi

I have had a look at the Microchip USB CDC code that was converted by XorXAX and posted above, after two days of debugging I have fixed up all the errors that I could find. The project compiles fine and runs perfectly in ISIS, both sending and receiving to and from the host work.

All the errors were related to pointers. I have also moved all the descriptor strings etc back into program code space, this has freed up quite a bit of ram.

I haven't had chance to use actual hardware, but I do not see that it should cause any problems.

The link for the corrected code. http://www.filefactory.com/file/b391fg6/n/cdc_1-3.rar
The link is no logner available, can some repost the file please ?

Return to “mikroC General”