uni-ds-v8 Programming failed. Please update firmware of selected CODEGRIP module to the latest version.

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

uni-ds-v8 Programming failed. Please update firmware of selected CODEGRIP module to the latest version.

#1 Post by suaro@live.com » 05 Apr 2024 23:27

Hi Everyone,

I have a UNI-DS v8, configured with STM32F207ZG MCU, and a VAV Press click board .
I've installed Necto Studio

Mysetup/toolChain is:

- UNI-DS v8
- GCC for ARM
- mikroSDK 2.11.0
- STM32F207ZG MCU
- CODEGRIP 1.7.0 (no pending updates)

From Necto Studio v6.1.0 I am able to successfully compile:

[1/5] Building ASM object CMakeFiles/example_vavpress.dir/.meproject/setup/FileStartup/stm32f207zg.s.obj
[2/5] Building C object CMakeFiles/example_vavpress.dir/main.c.obj
[3/5] Building C object lib_vavpress/CMakeFiles/lib_vavpress.dir/src/vavpress.c.obj
[4/5] Linking C static library lib_vavpress\liblib_vavpress.a
[5/5] Linking C executable example_vavpress
c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m/nofp\libg.a(libc_a-closer.o): in function `_close_r':
closer.c:(.text._close_r+0xc): warning: _close is not implemented and will always fail
c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m/nofp\libg.a(libc_a-lseekr.o): in function `_lseek_r':
lseekr.c:(.text._lseek_r+0x14): warning: _lseek is not implemented and will always fail
c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m/nofp\libg.a(libc_a-readr.o): in function `_read_r':
readr.c:(.text._read_r+0x14): warning: _read is not implemented and will always fail
c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m/nofp\libg.a(libc_a-writer.o): in function `_write_r':
writer.c:(.text._write_r+0x14): warning: _write is not implemented and will always fail
c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: example_vavpress has a LOAD segment with RWX permissions
c:/nectostudio/nectostudio/compilers/arm/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/12.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: example_vavpress has a LOAD segment with RWX permissions
Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used
RAM: 2384 B 128 KB 1.82%
FLASH: 20528 B

1 MB 1.96%

However , when I attempt to click the Flash button, I immediately see the following error:

Programming failed. Please update firmware of selected CODEGRIP module to the latest version.

I'm unsure what this error message is tell me or what I need to do :(

If I go into CodeGrip, everything seems ok; however; if I try to save anything there (for example:

CODEGRIP-> Configuration-> Device General -> Store Configuration, I see the same error message in a pop up dialog.

I'm brand new to the Mikroe environment and this is the first time I'm using my new board.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

suaro@live.com

Re: uni-ds-v8 Programming failed. Please update firmware of selected CODEGRIP module to the latest version.

#2 Post by suaro@live.com » 07 Apr 2024 08:05

Figured it out.
For some reason, I needed to run code grip suite as administrator.
After this, I clicked CodeGrip|Device General| then saw the message at the bottom of the screen to update Firmware Version to 1.7.0.

Return to “Development Boards”