Can not synchronize device with programmer (ATmega6450 w/ AVRFLASH)

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

Can not synchronize device with programmer (ATmega6450 w/ AVRFLASH)

#1 Post by duncancarroll » 11 Jun 2023 17:27

Hello,

I have a Uni Clicker board with an ATmega6450 SI Brain MCU. I also have a Mikroprog AVR programmer and have downloaded and installed all the required drivers and AVRFLASH software (Windows 11)

However when I attempt to flash my code from NECTOStudio -> AVRFLASH.exe (as Administrator), while it sees the USB device and self-assigns all the seemingly-appropriate lock + fuse bits, when I hit "WRITE" I receive this message no matter what clock settings I use:

I have verified that the programmer is connected properly to the Uni Clicker via jumper cables to match the correct pins as the pinouts are different. The MikroProg is connected to USB 2 as it has issues with USB 3, and it shows both "power" and "link" LEDs. The lights on the Uni Clicker are normal.

I've read that selecting the wrong clock speed can be what causes this, however I've never programmed this MCU before and there is no mention in the documentation of a default clock speed.

Right now I'm afraid I've spent $150 USD on a brick. There is no documentation for AVRFLASH and Mikroe Support has not replied to my last email for 5 working days.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

IvanJeremic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Can not synchronize device with programmer (ATmega6450 w/ AVRFLASH)

#2 Post by IvanJeremic » 16 Jun 2023 11:18

Hi,

I have replied to you in a ticket, did you see my latest reply?
https://mikroe.kayako.com/agent/conversations/152482

Regards,

Ivan.

Return to “Development Boards”