Digital signal processing for dsp33 chips

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Digital signal processing for dsp33 chips

#1 Post by rmccall » 08 Aug 2011 21:13

Am I missing something?

I purchased the LV23-33A board in order to learn PIC dsp programming in your version of basic. This board supports pic dsp33 chips.

The only examples of such programming I can find on your site are for the dsp30 chip. Moreover, the built in Filter Design Tool seems only to support the dsp30 family as well. All your literature references examples based on the same chip. The only dsp33 examples seem to be for ordinary functions such as blinking LEDs and UART functions, capabilities included in many other chips.

Do you have any plans for producing educational examples that include the digital signal processing capabilities of the dsp33 chips in MikroBasic?

I realize that the dsp30 programs can be migrated to the dsp33 platform. However, I would expect to be able to concentrate on learning the dsp functions without being expected already to have the expertise to make such adjustments. If I had such expertise I probably wouldn't need your product!

Many thanks,
Richard

PS: I tried sending this via e-mail to the support staff, but the web-site e-mail application is non-functional.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Digital signal processing for dsp33 chips

#2 Post by filip » 11 Aug 2011 09:37

Hi,

First of all, I apologize for the inconvenience.
When we have first introduced the dsPIC compiler, we have made the DSP examples for the 30F family.

Unfortunately, the Filter Design Tool also suffers from the similar problem which I have reported to our developers.
We will try hard to get it working for dsPIC33 and to add DSP examples for this family.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and ask you for the understanding.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”