LM324N (quad switch IC)

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

LM324N (quad switch IC)

#1 Post by kynix123 » 23 Feb 2022 10:32

Good day, guys! today An LM324N(https://www.apogeeweb.net/circuitry/lm3 ... load.html ) the microprocessor was unsoldered from an old board. It's a switch or something similar to a programmable chip. According to what I've read, the IC I have can be used to boost voltage. I tried wiring it according to the schematics, however, I only get 3.8V from 5V.
Actually, I'm looking for a voltage amplifier to boost the Arduino pin's 5V to exactly 15V right now (or at least 12V if 15 is not possible).
Please explain how this is possible to people who are familiar with the situation. If resistors are required, I will soon have resistors ranging from 10 to 1M ohms available, so please specify the exact resistance required.
Regardless, thank you.

Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de

Re: LM324N (quad switch IC)

#2 Post by Thomas.Pahl@t-online.de » 23 Feb 2022 14:55

use the quadruppel op-amps as comparator:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparator
or better a high-side switch like the TD62783APG

zhschip

Re: LM324N (quad switch IC)

#3 Post by zhschip » 11 Mar 2024 09:52

It seems like you are trying to use an LM324N operational amplifier for voltage amplification to boost a 5V signal from an Arduino pin to 15V or at least 12V. The LM324N is typically used as a general-purpose operational amplifier and might not be the best choice for voltage boosting applications, especially to such high voltages.

To boost a 5V signal to 15V or 12V reliably and efficiently, you generally need a boost converter circuit or a voltage regulator designed for this purpose. However, if you are specifically interested in creating a basic voltage amplifier circuit using the LM324N, you can set up a circuit with a gain greater than the 5V/3.8V ≈ 1.32 gain you are currently experiencing.

Here's a basic example of how you could configure the LM324N as a non-inverting amplifier to increase the voltage. Please note that this configuration may not be suitable for boosting to 15V due to voltage limitations, but you can adjust it as needed:

LM324N Non-Inverting Amplifier Circuit:
Plain Text
Copy code
+5V
|
R1 (e.g., 10k ohm)
|
+--IN--+----+
| | |
| R2 R3 (e.g., try 10k ohm for R2 and 30k ohm for R3)
| | |
+------OUT--+
| |
| R4 (e.g., connect to ground)
| |
GND GND
Calculate the gain of the amplifier using the formula:
Gain = 1 + R2/R3

Adjust the resistor values of R2 and R3 accordingly to achieve the desired gain. For example, if you want a gain of 3 (to boost 5V to 15V), you can set R2 to 10k ohm and R3 to 20k ohm.

Please note:

The LM324N has limitations on the output voltage it can provide, and it might not be able to boost up to 15V from a 5V source.
Boosting to higher voltages might require a more specialized boost converter or regulator circuit to ensure efficiency and safety.
If you are looking for a reliable way to generate a stable 15V (or 12V) from a 5V source, considering using a dedicated voltage regulator or boost converter designed for that purpose.
Zhonghaisheng provides original electronic components with low prices, fast delivery,excellent after sales service.with huge selection in stock and ready to ship same day with no minimum orders.New electronic components and parts added every day.

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”