Flip&Click SAM3X question

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

Flip&Click SAM3X question

#1 Post by pblase » 26 Oct 2020 00:28

The Flip&Click SAM3X has an ATMega on it (U2) that I presume is the Arduino interface/programmer. Is there a way to use this to load other software (e.g. .hex files generated by a compiler) onto the ATSAM, so that I don't have to go through the programming header?

Alternatively, if I do program the ATSAM directly, is there anything I should do with the ATMega?

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Flip&Click SAM3X question

#2 Post by filip » 26 Oct 2020 14:28

Hi,
Is there a way to use this to load other software (e.g. .hex files generated by a compiler) onto the ATSAM, so that I don't have to go through the programming header?
The MCU is preprogrammed with Arduino bootloader but we have never tried uploading HEX file, although I have seen some Arduino users have succeeded it (use it at your own risk :) ) :
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=417659.0

Alternatively, if I do program the ATSAM directly, is there anything I should do with the ATMega?
Can you please clarify your question ? If you program the MCU directly, I'm not sure the preprogrammed bootloader will work, but your code will execute.

Regards,
Filip.

pblase

Re: Flip&Click SAM3X question

#3 Post by pblase » 28 Oct 2020 01:28

"Can you please clarify your question"
That was it. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to avoid or do anything in particular.
Thanks much.
Paul

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”