What's so secret?

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

What's so secret?

#1 Post by janni » 25 Mar 2020 22:03

Does the forum need to be protected as closely as a bank site now?

Logging in every time and every hour is a nuisance enough, and I already stopped following most topics. Having to concentrate to see the message inside new embellishments is unnerving. But to be logged out while working on a message and then lose whole text while trying to preview or post it is unacceptable.

So what precious information the forum contains now that it has to be protected better than any other technical forum I've visited? Or is the purpose to lessen forum traffic? If so, the purpose have been achieved, congratulations :( .

marko
mikroElektronika team

Re: What's so secret?

#2 Post by marko » 26 Mar 2020 08:02

Hello Janni,

Thank you for your input. I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties using upgraded forum.
We were forced to do forum upgrade due to needed security fixes.

Anyway, in order to solve your issue, we have enabled "Remember me" checkbox, which you can select when you login to forum.
This way you can avoid logging every time and every hour.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
Marko Jovanovic
"Good ideas are not complicated, they are
complex, but we are making it easy !!!"

janni

Re: What's so secret?

#3 Post by janni » 26 Mar 2020 14:30

Hi Marko,

Thanks for quick reaction. Sorry if I overreacted but first time I lost a post I ground my teeth and rewrote it but second time was simply too much.

When the IT guys have a free moment, please ask them to tone down a bit the topic title within posts so it does not attract the eye so much. Also, due to the increased size of forum top bar one needs to scroll up to see the contents of linked post - apparently position of post within a topic is not adjusted to the added top bar height.

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”