Known problems

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

Known problems

#1 Post by hadv » 15 Apr 2013 18:06

Hi,

To me it would be a great idea to have an extra 'page' dedicated to 'know problems'.
A lot of people ask questions and get answers, and these may be of great interest to others.
Searching this forum of course helps a lot, but I gather people also get answers in the mail that do not necessarily end up in this forum.

A 'page' like this could be divided into a number of sections, e.g. Example code, Help/documentation update, Compiler bugs and workarounds.
Some sections can be generic, some can be language and/or platform based.
I can imagine that a Help issue for the Pascal Pic compiler could also be applicable to the Basic and C compilers for Pic.
And there's of course a number of libraries where the help could be greatly improved. I must assume this goes for a large number of compilers/platforms.

It would of course cost mE some time placing everything on this 'page', but it will also save a lot of time because now users can find their answers over there without having to ask questions.

Regards,
Harm

hadv

Re: Known problems

#2 Post by hadv » 03 Jun 2013 23:16

It's really disappointing that mE is not showing any reaction at all.
I am a frequent user of the MP for PIC Pro part of this forum, the most recent 'list of resolved bugs' dates back to 2010.
And that's only resolved bugs (and most of them aren't really bugs at all, just workarounds in relation to the syntax).

No mentioning of known bugs to be fixed at all.

This is not what I expect if I buy a commercial product.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by filip » 04 Jun 2013 15:41

Hi,

We are monitoring every post on the forum, please be sure of that.
In fact, we have put this request on the couple of internal meetings and we find it very interesting.

It would be very helpful for our community to have this kind of topic, where developers and users could share the problems/solutions.

Regards,
Filip.

hadv

#4 Post by hadv » 17 Aug 2013 12:01

Two months gone and no sign whatsoever.....

hadv

#5 Post by hadv » 25 Feb 2014 18:22

And again half a year gone by without any signs of life...
June 4th it filip wrote "In fact, we have put this request on the couple of internal meetings and we find it very interesting."
But interesting is not enough, do something about it! :evil:

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”