Still project group issues [added report of issues ver 4.1]

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Still project group issues [added report of issues ver 4.1]

#1 Post by OT » 26 Mar 2010 07:49

http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=24077
Project Group does not default to last file open
A minor IDE issue: Wen a file is opened through the Open project group command, the default file selected in the project seems to be the last unit added to the project, not the last file open as when opening just the project. The same happens when switching between two projects within a project group by double clicking the project name in the project manager.
This does not appear to have been fixed, at least not if working with existing projects groups.
Also, if the button for saving the project is pressed, the default name is the last created group, not the currently open one. And the extension usually does not default to the one correct for a project group.
Last edited by OT on 02 Oct 2010 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Still project group issues

#2 Post by tihomir.losic » 27 Mar 2010 10:40

Hello,

I am very sorry for this inconvenience, our developers must have overlooked this particular case,
or have postponed it's solution for the final release.
I will personally see that this matter is solved as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

OT

Re: Still project group issues

#3 Post by OT » 16 Sep 2010 02:22

OT wrote:http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=24077
Project Group does not default to last file open
A minor IDE issue: Wen a file is opened through the Open project group command, the default file selected in the project seems to be the last unit added to the project, not the last file open as when opening just the project. The same happens when switching between two projects within a project group by double clicking the project name in the project manager.
This does not appear to have been fixed, at least not if working with existing projects groups.
Also, if the button for saving the project is pressed, the default name is the last created group, not the currently open one. And the extension usually does not default to the one correct for a project group.
This issue still seems to be present. If I have a project group open and then close the compiler, next time the last project and file listed in the project group lst will be open, not the one I had open before. (This was tested with a project group already created in a proevious verion, but editied in the present one). It makes it very cumbersome to make use of the project groups, and I would rather open a project up directly, which does not have this issue.

Another possible issue: As I recall from the beginning when the project groups were introduced, when you click a project within the project group, only those files that belong to that project group will show up in the tabs. As it is now, it will keep the tabs of the previously selected project in the project group open too and it becomes very messy with projects with a number of source files, and so many open tabs. I do not know how it was meant to work.

OT

Re: Still project group issues ver 4.1

#4 Post by OT » 02 Oct 2010 00:54

In ver. 4.1 project groups still appears to be broken although there seems to be some changes. I sent a bug report for a consequent bug:
I am closing the project group and I am asked if I want to save changes to one of the projects in the group. Exception occurs when I answer yes. (except for swithing the betwen projects in the project group I have not made any chenges to the project it prompts to save).

I wonder if it could be related to the following problem:

When a project group is open, the set of files that should open in that project do not open when I click the project in project manager. The files from the previous project remains open. (before the main file in the project clicked opened in the wrong project, it does not do that any longer). It could look like it somehow thinks that project files needs to be saved, but cannot be found because they did not open in the right project. This is observed with a project group that was created with a previous version of the compiler, as well as the current one.

When a project is open, and other projects added to the project group and then saved as a new project, it could look like files get added (as tab at top of screen) in the current project instead of the new project. Anyway I thought the project groups were supposed to be a way to quickly switch between several projects without cluttering up the tabs (in other words only tabs of the currently selected project within project manager show up at the top of the screen, however that is not the way it works now or in ver 4.0.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”