Registering problems

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Registering problems

#1 Post by VCC » 13 Dec 2016 19:30

Hi mikroe team,
I want to share my experience about registering mikroPascal for dsPIC in a slightly modified way. Here are your recommended steps to activate the license after receiving the activation key on e-mail:
In order to remove demo limit after installation, please follow the steps below:
1. Open your mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC
2. Paste an Activation Key to the Software Activation window
3. Please save the email as you will need the Activation Key every time you reinstall or upgrade the compiler.
For some reason, I didn't follow step2, so I didn't copy and paste the code. It feels strange to paste a 20-character string into a 4-character limited editbox. Instead I typed every character, but the red arrow from the last editbox turned into a red x. The "Activate" button was still disabled. So, not to talk about intuition, but it came to me that I have to click on the first editbox and then press Ctrl-A (to select all characters from all editboxes). Well, the red x turned into a green checkmark and the "Activate" button became enabled. Just to make sure, I've tested your way, by pasting the whole string into the first editbox. This one works ok as you described. After that, I could also activate VisualTFT.
:D

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Registering problems

#2 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 14 Dec 2016 18:33

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this, and for detailed explanation.

I will inform our developers to check anything that could cause this behavior.

Best regards,

Uros

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”