Change hex filename. More than one output. Not work on x64.

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Change hex filename. More than one output. Not work on x64.

#1 Post by dream » 05 May 2011 10:26

Currently is not possible to change output hex file name. That is making me sometimes stressed because I need to compile more than 1 version. So I go to the folder and change file names manualy. Best way is to change file name by DEFINE directive.

Another thing which is linked with above is to possibilty to create more than one version...
I mean I need to compile something with sensor and without sensor. In my program I've #DEFINE USE_SENSOR, and best for me is compile one version with this directive and second without - this directive hasn't need to be in the main code but somewhere in the "compiler settings" or "output settings" for every separate solution.

And most annoying thing is that code compiled on Windows7 x64 don't work properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rather would say that most of libraries don't work properly. I tested UART, CAN and FLASH functions behaviour.
Uart example: UART1_Data_Ready()) always back with true even if I nothing is on. Code like that:
if (UART1_Data_Ready())
receive = UART1_Read();
always back latest receive byte.
Can example: I need to write own functions, because read I write not work properly.
void ECAN1_Write(long id, char *Data, unsigned int DataLen, unsigned int ECAN_TX_MSG_FLAGS) {
int i;

ECAN1RxTxRAMBuffer[0].CxTRBnSID.SID = id;
ECAN1RxTxRAMBuffer[0].CxTRBnSID.IDE = 0;
ECAN1RxTxRAMBuffer[0].CxTRBnSID.SRR = 0;
ECAN1RxTxRAMBuffer[0].CxTRBnDLC.DLC = DataLen;
for (i = 0; i < DataLen; i++)
ECAN1RxTxRAMBuffer[0].CxTRBnData.Data = Data;

C1TR01CONbits.TXREQ0 = 1;
}
I need to owerwrite params because when I send straight away mikroC can sends 0 id instead of my id. Besides if I don't make a break between Write calls. The next call will send data from first call!.

Flash: Problem with flash is that when I write something on it, the all data is not written and data is not same order.

This problems don't exist on my second computer (Windows 7 x32 pro). The compiler difference is that I have full version on my x64 and demo limit (not registered) on my x32.

I use two chips: P24HJ64GP502 and P33FJ64GP706A. Same problems.

Any suggestions?

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Change hex filename. More than one output. Not work on x

#2 Post by filip » 06 May 2011 13:01

Hi,

This is an interesting proposal, which I will pass to our developers.

As for the code compiling issue, I must say that we have tried numerous to compile the various code on the computer
with Windows 7 64bit on it, the code was compiled fine and worked fine. Of course, the compiler was registered.

Which compiler version are you using ?

Regards,
Filip.

dream

Re: Change hex filename. More than one output. Not work on x

#3 Post by dream » 06 May 2011 14:51

Hm... I'm not lying :)

Version 4.60 and version before was same (4.30 if I remember).

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”