Check the T6963C Library or what goes along with it!

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Check the T6963C Library or what goes along with it!

#1 Post by norbie » 21 Apr 2010 05:49

Just downloaded the latest C Pro for DSPic BETA and at the writing of this already have uninstalled it again. :(
I have been complaining in the past about the T6963C library or the timing in general. Never had anything
definite to offer or that would support my complaint. So I guess they went into the round file. :?
I am currently working on an application that uses a T6963C based LCD 240x128 Monochrome. In the past I
did not dismiss the possibility that the LCD would have some problems since it intermittently would draw
stuff that I did not intent to have. :twisted: The display is very intensely used and is updated constantly.
With the release of dSPic C Pro Version 2.0 I attacked the issue again and
continued on the code for the application. To my surprise, the LCD drew clean without any artifacts. :D Since I
did at first not believe that this did happen, I had the application running over night plus a few more hours. A check
did not show any mishaps with the Version 2.0 release. By the way the Example Einstein did always work, because the
entire screens gets cleared between changes and contents don't get updated, rather the pages are switched!
By installing the Beta Version 3.0 I had the old extremely agonizing screwed up screen again. NOT an idea why!!!!
To insure that the compiler was actually causing the problem, I went back to the 2.0 Version. Viola, again no more screen problems.
I would like to point out that there is absolutely no difference in code that was compiled with the V3.0 and V2.0.
Can't tell what causes it, but there is something within the compiler messing around with timings for the LCD.
Perhaps it is tight and may work with generous T6963C chips or equivalents, perhaps not,
why would it work in Version 2.00 flawless??
Thought I post my finding!

Cheers,
Norbert

P.S. I would have expected the annoying "Hex exceeding" :roll: message to be a thing of the past, even in a Beta!
While drafting the above the application is drawing beautifully the way it was anticipated. With the Version 3.0 it took less than a minute
to draw all over the screen!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Norbert

You don't need to know the answer, you just need to know where to find it!

norbie

Re: Check the T6963C Library or what goes along with it!

#2 Post by norbie » 21 Apr 2010 06:37

On another thought,
it may be that the Stack counter gets messed up, since if there is one character showing up at the wrong position,
all hell is breaking loose and character show up unpredictably anywhere on the screen.

Update: Since the initial post and now the Version 2.0 compiler did a very pleasing job. It does what I programmed! A good sanity check.
I am not ready for the luni bin yet. I'll stick to the Version 2.0 release for the time being, because it tells that I am not crazy!
This problem had me pretty much going in the past. It is very easy to get upset over this, because you write some code compile it and it
doesn't work. Now the question is, is it hardware, program coding, compiler or who knows what? In any case you'll have to
spend additional time to trace or at least eliminate sources of failure.

Cheers,
Norbert
Cheers,
Norbert

You don't need to know the answer, you just need to know where to find it!

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”