Warning: the content of HEX file exceeds Config. size.

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

Warning: the content of HEX file exceeds Config. size.

#1 Post by Jer » 19 Dec 2009 23:05

Hi - I get this warning when trying to download a small test program to a 33fj128gp802. Once the warning is OK'ed the download appears to work. Don't know if this is a problem with the generated HEX file or LVPICFLASH.

Dave Selfors

#2 Post by Dave Selfors » 20 Dec 2009 21:01

I get the same error with dspic33fj128GP710. ME told me that this would be fixed with the new release. Looks like the programmer still needs an update.

--Dave

nikola.kostic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by nikola.kostic » 21 Dec 2009 11:14

This LvPICFlash message is just info and doesn't affect programming, so you can ignore it. This will be fixed in the next release or LvPICFlash software. We apologize for inconveniences.

Jer

Re: Warning: the content of HEX file exceeds Config. size.

#4 Post by Jer » 12 Aug 2010 13:21

A year has gone by and this irritating warning message has still not been fixed - I guess if you only program a device occasionally then it’s a minor problem - otherwise it’s a pain in the ar..

Please fix it, after all it can only be about 1 line of source code that needs removing for a quick fix.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by tihomir.losic » 13 Aug 2010 10:49

Jer wrote:A year has gone by and this irritating warning message has still not been fixed - I guess if you only program a device occasionally then it’s a minor problem - otherwise it’s a pain in the ar..

Please fix it, after all it can only be about 1 line of source code that needs removing for a quick fix.
Hello,

currently, we are working on new universal programmer for PIC microcontrollers - mikroProg Suite.
Our developers are in last stage of testing the new version of compiler, and I am confident that the new programmer
will be available in the next three-four weeks, and I expect that we'll have new suite for same family.

Also, you can run it, and also test it. You need to download and install new V4.0 beta compilers,
but launching of mikroProg Suite was delayed in v4.00beta, because it is still in testing stages and support for mikroProg Suite is added in the compiler.
We hope that final release, after beta period will be shipped along with mikroProg Suite.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by tihomir.losic » 04 Sep 2010 18:25

Hello,

We are very pleased to present you with the new beta version of our universal programmer for all Microchip microcontrollers!
mikroProg Suite for PIC
This software is used for programming with ALL of Microchip microcontroller families which includes: PIC10F, PIC12F, PIC16F, PIC18F, PIC18F-K, PIC18F-J, PIC24F-KA, PIC24F-J, PIC24H-J, dsPIC30F, dsPIC30F-SMPS, dsPIC33F-J and PIC32MX.
It is compatible with all MikroElektronika programmers for Microchip devices.
Also, it is substitute for older programmer software that has been used for programming such as: PICFlash, dsPICFlash, Lv18PICFLASH, LvPICFLASH and PIC32FLASH software.

For more information, and download, please, follow this link:
http://www.mikroe.com/esupport/index.ph ... &newsid=13

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Beta Testing”