update / overview please

General discussion on mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

update / overview please

#1 Post by spectric » 23 Aug 2021 16:54

Hi all

I am returning to working with some Pic Micro devices having spent a fair while with the Motorola 68376 controller. I have updated my Mikroe IDE and compiler to the latest version and have noticed a lot has changed so going to be one step at a time please.

Ok so here is my first question, pre update I had the Mikroelektronica installation folder under the program files(x86) on my C drive and here was the DEF's folder that contained the definitions for the devices. These were with the .c , .mcl and .mlk extensions and I would rewrite the .c file to suit my requirements. I cannot find the DEF's folder under the new version, any idea where to look.

On something that should be so simple I have also hit an issue, create new project. On project settings it is complaining that my file name contains "elegal" characters, yes I know it means illegal but you have project name, project folder, device name and device clock, there is no filename to get wrong. Any ideas about this please?.
all the best Roy

spectric

Re: update / overview please

#2 Post by spectric » 23 Aug 2021 19:05

Hi all

I now believe filename is actually project name, what is confusing is that it looked ok, it has worked under many other IDE's without issue but with this one it cannot accept spaces, this was a common problem fifteen plus years ago but I thought it had been relegated to the history books, obviously not so. Mikroe, it needs fixing.
all the best Roy

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”