"Find in Files" NO Search Result, NO NOTHING; Vanishes

General discussion on mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

"Find in Files" NO Search Result, NO NOTHING; Vanishes

#1 Post by steve42lawson » 04 Feb 2024 21:12

Hi,
My installation of mikroC Pro for dsPIC has developed a "Negative workflow" behavior. I open the "Find In Files" dialog, enter a "Text to find", and then I hit "OK". After that, NOTHING! The dialog vanishes. There is no sign of any search results, ANYWHERE. Not even an indication of "No search hits". NOTHING.

Here's what I have tried so far:
> Tried searching for something that I know exists, such as "main"
> Tired searching for "main" using [regular] Find. Found it no problem.
> Tried unchecking both "Case sensitive" and "Whole words"
> Tried "All opened files" [and made sure the file containing "void main()" was open]
> Tried "Search in directories" [made sure the Path was correct]
> Even "Current file" exhibits this behavior
> Tried changing the Files mask to *.c The mask was originally *.* which, of course, also produces this no-show behavior
> Tried looking through the "Window List" to see if, perhaps, there was a hidden "Find in Files" entry. There didn't seem to be.
> Tried looking in the "Output Settings" for something that might be blocking, or preventing the Find in Files result from showing
> I tried closing mikroC and reopening it
> I tried rebooting my PC

Any ideas?
Humility is the lack of the desire to impress, not the lack of being impressive.

IvanJeremic
mikroElektronika team

Re: "Find in Files" NO Search Result, NO NOTHING; Vanishes

#2 Post by IvanJeremic » 24 Feb 2024 10:30

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Can you tell me what version of the compiler are you using, does this happen with any project you try?

I tried it with the Led blinking example it worked fine for me.
FiF_1.png
FiF_1.png (22.98 KiB) Viewed 303 times
FiF_2.png
FiF_2.png (51.14 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Regards,

Ivan.

steve42lawson

#3 Post by steve42lawson » 05 Mar 2024 01:16

Version 7.1.0

And, yes, any project.

It used to work, and I used it a lot. Now, nothing. I've resorted to using a different editor.

Every now and then my fingers slip while typing on the keyboard, and either that puts the IDE into some weird mode -- like the time it got stuck in block-selection mode--whenever I tried to select some text, it would draw a selection-block in the viewport.
OR, my fingers slip, and there appears to be no consequence, but then later I will discover thing like "Find In Files" no longer working. Maybe that's what happened, and maybe not.

Does anybody know if that's a possibility?

Or, maybe a config file got corrupted or mysteriously altered.

Just, grasping at straws, here!

Also, I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution before I have to enact "Plan B", which is: uninstall--reinstall the whole she-bang!! But, if it's a config file, that might not even help, unless there is an "Uninstall EVERYTHING" option.
Humility is the lack of the desire to impress, not the lack of being impressive.

IvanJeremic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by IvanJeremic » 17 Mar 2024 19:24

Hi,

Can you tell me what OS you are using the compiler with?

If you upgraded the OS from for example Windows 7 to 10 or 11, can you tell me if this kind of issue happened on Windows 7?

Regards,

Ivan.

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”