dsPIC compiler roadmap

General discussion on mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

dsPIC compiler roadmap

#1 Post by lololafripouille » 26 Feb 2018 11:12

Hello !

I just have few questions about the dsPIC compiler roadmap.
You said that the next compiler update will be the dsPIC architecture after the 7.2.0 8 bit PIC compiler update but I can't find information on your website regarding this.

I have those questions because of a product evolution based on a dsPIC33EP and I would like to know if this update will support FreeRTOS as it is for PIC32 and ARM compilers.
And my next question is about a DMA library. It's been a long time that is it the most popular feature that your cutomers are asking on your "Most desired upgrades and enhancements" topic. I would like to know if the next compiler will implement that one.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day :)

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: dsPIC compiler roadmap

#2 Post by filip » 01 Mar 2018 16:09

Hi,
I just have few questions about the dsPIC compiler roadmap.
You said that the next compiler update will be the dsPIC architecture after the 7.2.0 8 bit PIC compiler update but I can't find information on your website regarding this.
Yes, this information is correct, the next compilers that will be updated are dsPIC compilers.
I have those questions because of a product evolution based on a dsPIC33EP and I would like to know if this update will support FreeRTOS as it is for PIC32 and ARM compilers.
We will implement the FreeRTOS in our dsPIC compilers.
And my next question is about a DMA library. It's been a long time that is it the most popular feature that your cutomers are asking on your "Most desired upgrades and enhancements" topic. I would like to know if the next compiler will implement that one.
Yes, this is asked long time ago and it is the most popular enhancement on the wish list.
I'm not sure if this is going to be added in this version, but we are surely thinking serious about DMA.

Regards,
Filip.

lololafripouille

Re: dsPIC compiler roadmap

#3 Post by lololafripouille » 02 Mar 2018 15:55

Thank you for the info.
I'm waiting for the roadmap now.
This will be very serious for my existing product !

Have a nice day

Return to “mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”