EEPROM failed

General discussion on mikroBasic.
Author

EEPROM failed

#1 Post by Akat » 19 Jul 2010 04:52

hi,

everytime i open up my project, my EEPROM (using EEPROM editor) will reset all to FF. i load (*.ihex) it back the saved edited EEPROM before but still it load nothing except FF for all the data. luckily i have the (*.eed) EEPROM version saved before which is gimme correct EEPROM data i need for the project. then i save it bck to *.ihex file. in the project management file, i strongly assure that i attached the correct EEPROM with *.ihex as the EEPROM file needed for the project. when i compile it into my PIC on the development board as usual, as expected, the EEPROM value correctly wrote into the EEPROM.. but the problem is, when i burn the same code into the chip via BootLoader, it doesn't write anything inside the EEPROM except only the program codes. which i can tell the codes i program works just fine, only the EEPROM data was never move into the chip.

1. is that normal? which i can't move the EEPROM data (*.eed, *.ihex) file into the chip via bootloader?
2. if that so, how to bring this EEPROM data into the memory as usual via bootloader?

im using:
1. EasyPIC5
2. MikroBASIC Pro for PIC 3.8
3. PIC16F887
4. Bootloader codes from examples folder given

Akat

Re: EEPROM failed

#2 Post by Akat » 19 Jul 2010 11:23

no answer yet? maybe the question are too long to understand.. i make it simple here:

1. how to burn EEPROM data via mikroBootloader?

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by tihomir.losic » 19 Jul 2010 14:40

Akat wrote:no answer yet? maybe the question are too long to understand.. i make it simple here:

1. how to burn EEPROM data via mikroBootloader?
Hello Akat,

Thank you for reporting this. However, this is a known bug #2162 reported 2010-05-28.
It was immediately corrected, and it was waiting for the new release.

Sorry for inconveniences it caused in the meantime.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Akat

#4 Post by Akat » 27 Jul 2010 10:45

hi again.

noted the bug already

- but still.. is there any easiest way to 'move' the EEPROM data into the chip via bootLoader at the moment? any suggestions??

p/s: i dont want to put a button or a routine to fill in all 256 EEPROM slots one by one manually..

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by tihomir.losic » 28 Jul 2010 12:35

Hello,

we have plans to review mikroBootloader.
Currently, it loads the flash data with no problems.
At this moment you can edit eeprom in our EEPROM Editor in our compiler
and then use bootloader (made by yourself) to load the code.
We'll take this your proposal in consideration of and I hope that it will be implemented.

Thank you for this proposal.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by tihomir.losic » 05 Aug 2010 14:50

Hello,

we are announcing a release of new BETA version of mikroBasic PRO for PIC compiler with a lot of useful upgrades. New PIC beta compilers have arrived,
bringing new and exciting features and lots of improvements! All reported bugs are fixed, IDE polished and improved with many new features.
UAC problem is finally solved, by introducing new UAC-Ready installations, which will eliminate all previous problems on Windows 7 and Vista.
For the first time we introduced support for mid-rande PIC16F1xxxx family of microcontrollers. Introducing as much as 56 new chips, we
greatly expanded the list of supported microcontrollers. We would like to thank all of you who helped, and we want you to know that your
support and patience is very valuable to us.

More information on following link:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=26270

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir

tazcast

#7 Post by tazcast » 07 Jul 2014 08:48

Hi!

I have the same problem. I loaded my program.hex via mikroBootloader v2.1.0.0 but it only loads the program codes, it does not program the eeprom.ihex.

What is a possible fix for this?

Thanks.

marina.petrovic

#8 Post by marina.petrovic » 07 Jul 2014 13:10

Hi,

You'll need external programmer if you wish to program the EEPROM.
Bootloader will "ignore" the EEPROM addresses, since it doesn't have access to EEPROM.

Best regards,
Marina

tazcast

#9 Post by tazcast » 09 Jul 2014 12:28

Hi! How about the internal RTCC registers? Does the bootloader have access to these registers? My RTCC is not working when PIC is programmed using mikrobootloader.

marina.petrovic

#10 Post by marina.petrovic » 10 Jul 2014 11:01

Hi,

Please, take a look at this forum topic, there you can find some explanations that can help you:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=164&t=39188

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “mikroBasic General”