SolidRun just announced HummingBoard-Gate, a mini computer powered by Freescale’s i.MX6 SoC and enhanced with a mikroBUS™ socket. It’s the first out-of-the-box click board™-compatible single board computer on the market.
A powerful IoT gateway for makers and professionals alike, HummingBoard-Gate is customizable even before you start adding click boards, actually, before you add it to the shopping cart on Solidrun’s webpage. There are multiple configurations to choose from.
The brains of the board is a MicroSOM, SolidRun’s System on Module, packing an i.MX6 chip, a memory subsystem, and a power management subsystem.
i.MX6 are a series of energy-efficient ARM Cortex® A9 processors from Freescale, ranging from single to quad core chips.
You can choose between five different options when ordering your HummingBoard. Starting price is $49.99 for the version with microSOM i1 with the i.MX6 solo which comes with 512 MB of RAM. The top-end is with microSOM i4x4 with i.MX6 Quad and 4GB of RAM (additional optionals include WiFi/BT, a power adapter, microSD and an enclosure).
For software, SolidRun offers a range of Linux based operating systems including Android, Ubuntu, Debian and others.
Here are the remaining hardware specs:
– SoC – Freescale i.MX6 Solo, Dual Lite, Dual, or Quad with Cortex-A9 cores @ 1 to 1.2 GHz
– System Memory – Up to 4GB DDR3
– Storage – Micro SD slot
– Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (limited to 470Mbps), optional WiFi/Bt module
– Video Output – HDMI output, MIPI-DSI connector
– Camera – MIPI CSI-4, parallel camera
– USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports
– mPCIe slot with SIM card holder
– 36-pin GPIO header
– mikroBUS™ click interface
– Misc – Reset button, RTC with battery
– Power – 7-36V, 5.5mm jack
– Dimensions – 102 x 69 mm
That’s a lot of power, unlocking new potentials for click board™ development.