Dear NECTO Studio user,
Welcome to the March 2022 update of NECTO Studio! We've got this update covered with a couple of highlights: one of them would be a fantastic collab between Sparkfun Electronics & MIKROE, a new mikroSDK feature for PIC microcontrollers and a small connection fix!
But that's not all.
Continue reading to see what new features and improvements the software department worked on.
1. Collaboration with SparkFun Electronics
We’ve got new development board support, announcing rising star in embedded hardware - SparkFun MicroMod MikroBUS Carrier Board – for which we do hope you'd find rather interesting for rapid prototyping.
This is just the first of many collaborations to come since we are always open to partnering with other companies with similar visions, and changing the embedded industry for the better.
Some of the key highlights:
- MicroMod → MicroMod is a solder-less, modular interface ecosystem that uses the M.2 standard to mix and match your choice of processor with specific Function Boards or stand-alone Carrier Boards
- MicroMod mikroBUS Carrier board → Carrier board interfacing mikroBUS standard
- MicroMod STM32 processor board → Utilizing STM32F405RG Processor with its high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core running up to 168MHz
- mikroBUS → the world’s fastest growing add-on board standard! Just snap a Click Board into the mikroBUS slot on SparkFun’s MicroMod MikroBUS Carrier Board, and you are all set.
Curious embedded dev engineer: “May I check this one out, FREE of charge?”
MIKROE personnel: “Yes, you may, glad you asked!”
MIKROE personnel: “Here are the “How to...” steps”:
- Install NECTO Studio – Don’t worry, it’s cross-platform
- Install CODEGRIP Suite (this software automatically starts downloading when you start NECTO Studio for the first time)
- Start Planet Debug
- Select one of four MicroMod MikroBUS Carrier Boards available on Planet Debug
- Start Package Manager, and download a Click package that is on a previously selected MicroMod Board
- Click “Program”, and you will get the board and Click in up-and-running state!
2. New mikroSDK feature for PIC microcontrollers
Some of the well-known PIC microcontrollers have Enhanced PWM functionality. Pins with this feature are now supported! And there is no need to worry about setting them up correctly. Just select the pin and mikroSDK will do everything for you. One of our SiBRAIN cards has pins with this functionality. Check it out!
3. Connection Updates
Updated existing TFT connections for MCU CARD 29 FOR STM32. Change affects following MCU CARDS:
For a full list of changes, please take a look at the following document.
What's coming next?
- NECTO Studio v2
- CMake with GCC support implementation in NECTO Studio
- mikroSDK with CMake build system
- RISC-V support for mikroSDK and Click boards™ portfolio
For a full list of all improvements and bug fixes please check out the RoadMap and Release changes on the NECTO Studio page.