MikroC Pro 3.2 crash

General discussion on mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

MikroC Pro 3.2 crash

#1 Post by yhm » 31 Jan 2010 18:42

When I hide the message window, and then build the program, the window will crash. It happens in MikroC Pro 3.2

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by anikolic » 01 Feb 2010 13:10

Hi,
I have tried numerous combinations, but I just couldn't get the IDE to manifest this error you have reported.
1. Can you give me a little more details of what is the exact error message?
2. What OS are you using?
3. Does this happen with all projects, even with, for example, Led Blinking from compiler's Examples folder?
4. This might be the result of User Account Control activated on your computer. You have might insufficient rights to create files of the compiler.
a) You may try to run mikroC PRO for PIC "As Administrator".
b) Alternatively, you may install mikroC PRO for PIC in a folder other than "Program Files", for example in the folder "C:\mikroElektronika".
c) You may also take a look at the following tutorial for more detailed steps: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/

Please inform me if this solved your problems.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

underworldman

#3 Post by underworldman » 01 Feb 2010 15:54

aleksandar.nikolic wrote:Hi,
I have tried numerous combinations, but I just couldn't get the IDE to manifest this error you have reported.
3. Does this happen with all projects, even with, for example, Led Blinking from compiler's Examples folder?
4. This might be the result of User Account Control activated on your computer. You have might insufficient rights to create files of the compiler.
b) Alternatively, you may install mikroC PRO for PIC in a folder other than "Program Files", for example in the folder "C:\mikroElektronika".
c) You may also take a look at the following tutorial for more detailed steps: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/

Best regards,
Aleksandar
I still can't understand why mikroC pro isn't compatible with windows 7 yet?

Will the next release solve this problem?

underworldman

#4 Post by underworldman » 01 Feb 2010 15:56

aleksandar.nikolic wrote:Hi,

Best regards,
Aleksandar
I still can't understand why mikroC pro isn't compatible with windows 7 yet?

Will the next release solve this problem? Disabling UAC is not a good choice as it can make a PC vulnerable to viruses. You should be aware of that. Not all of us use an antivirus program

yhm

Problem does not happen

#5 Post by yhm » 02 Feb 2010 08:26

Hi:

I could reproduced the same problem when it occurred. I did not restarted computer then.

After a few days (computer has been restarted many times), the problem has gone away. Will keep you inform and test it when it happens again. BTW, I was running at full access right.

For the post above me, my comment is this:

The software architecture / design by Microsoft is not 100% backward compatible. They always try to introduce new features and break compatibility. Perhaps it can generate much more revenue for new version of Microsoft products. However, it is very costly for software developer on Microsoft platform. You would not see this pattern in Unix platforms.

There are POSIX standards for Unix. Even though POSIX standards do not cover every aspect, it is good enough for most developers.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC General”