multiple BeagleBone Click shields?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development boards.
Author

multiple BeagleBone Click shields?

#1 Post by BHobbs » 25 May 2015 20:55

I was wondering if several BeagleBone Click shields could be attached to a single BeagleBoard? I was thinking (hallucinating?) about projects that might use six or more Click boards controlled by one BeagleBone Black. If multiple shields are supported, show us with a simple project on the web page. One possibility would be sensor and controller Click board pairs, like the Current Click and the RELAY Click to monitor and control motors, and stack the shields to the max.

If multiple shields are not currently supported, consider adding that feature to a future shield version.

Or maybe develop a shield with ribbon cables to the Click boards? How many Click boards could one shield connect to? Ten?

Or maybe an external bus board to plug several Click boards into, and a ribbon cable from the bus board to the shield? Could the bus board be manufactured as a long strip, cut to the customer's desired length, and the ribbon cable plugs into one of the board's Click sockets?

Impedence? Cross talk? Physics? Eh, that's why the gods gave us engineers. ;-)

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

Re: multiple BeagleBone Click shields?

#2 Post by petar.timotijevic » 26 May 2015 16:23

Hi BHobbs and welcome to the MikroE forum,
BHobbs wrote:I was wondering if several BeagleBone Click shields could be attached to a single BeagleBoard? I was thinking (hallucinating?) about projects that might use six or more Click boards controlled by one BeagleBone Black. If multiple shields are supported, show us with a simple project on the web page. One possibility would be sensor and controller Click board pairs, like the Current Click and the RELAY Click to monitor and control motors, and stack the shields to the max. If multiple shields are not currently supported, consider adding that feature to a future shield version. Or maybe develop a shield with ribbon cables to the Click boards? How many Click boards could one shield connect to? Ten? Or maybe an external bus board to plug several Click boards into, and a ribbon cable from the bus board to the shield? Could the bus board be manufactured as a long strip, cut to the customer's desired length, and the ribbon cable plugs into one of the board's Click sockets? Impedence? Cross talk? Physics? Eh, that's why the gods gave us engineers. ;-)
On BeagleBone click shield you can use two click boards. Please describe what do you mean with multiple shields?

Please see currently available examples for this product on product web page:

BeagleBone click shield
http://www.mikroe.com/click/beaglebone-shield/

Best regards,
Peter

Return to “Development Boards Wishlist”