Combined one-word commands

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

Combined one-word commands

#1 Post by tixmcprods » 05 Nov 2014 10:35

Hello dear MikroE team,

I finally decided to test my Speak Up click bought some months ago, and it is really amazing !
I use one-word commands and combining them with my MCU (PIC18F46K22), I can control some stuffs.
But I have to say one word each .75 second...

My question : will be possible some day to combine in the Speak Up click board multiple one-word commands and result in UART all commands in one string ? So click board listen until no sound and try to combine things said.
Of course, I could imagine to learn it more complicated phrases but the 200 commands available will be very short for some applications !

Can I hope that some day ? The goal is to have a S.A.R.A.H. copy but without PC !

Thanks !

marina.petrovic

Re: Combined one-word commands

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 06 Nov 2014 13:07

Hi,

I will pass your idea to my colleagues from Software Department and they will certainly consider to implement
some improvement in SpeakUp firmware.

At this moment you can change word length in SpeakUp application project settings.
Also, you can make your own project for microcontroller which you use in combination with SpeakUp which will combine
several recognized words in one command.

Best regards,
Marina

tixmcprods

#3 Post by tixmcprods » 06 Nov 2014 14:03

Hello,

Thanks for reply and tell about that idea.
I have 1 second words. If I reduce it, will be possible to speak to click board faster ?
Of course, it's my job next to combine indexes received from Speak Up Click board, MCU side :)

Best regards.

marina.petrovic

#4 Post by marina.petrovic » 07 Nov 2014 12:06

Hi,

Word length which I mentioned in my previous answer, simple limits the duration of the recorded word.
If you use shorter word length you need to say words (of phrases) for that time.

If you use shorter interval/space between spoken words in phrases, the whole phrase will be treated as one word
- with one index.

But pay attention that there is a lot room for error if you use fast phrases when you test/use your SpeakUp
because you should tell a phrase most closely as you said it during recording to make sure that SpeakUp will recognize the phrase.

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “SpeakUp Software”