More than one voice per command possible?

The SpeakUp software is a for configuring SpeakUp, the speech recognition click board.
Author

More than one voice per command possible?

#1 Post by gtc » 10 Jul 2014 10:12

Can the SpeakUp click board be made to recognize more than one voice for the same command which is then be mapped to the one action?

For example:

John ---> "open" ---> GPIO port 1 ON

and

Mary ---> "open" ---> GPIO port 1 ON

MaGiK

Re: More than one voice per command possible?

#2 Post by MaGiK » 11 Jul 2014 09:03

Hello gtc and welcome to the forum :D

Yes, of course it can! Why not?
You have to enter the second voice as if you're entering a new command; however, when selecting what this second voice does, make it affect the pins in the same way that the first voice does.

I hope this was helpful :D
Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

gtc

#3 Post by gtc » 11 Jul 2014 10:02

Hi Magik,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. At this stage I'm trying to understand the capabilities of this module.

So, if I understand what you are saying, using my example the male version of the word "open" will be stored separately from the female version of the word "open" and I am to distinguish this by creating unique commands such as John-open and Mary-open, then map each command to the same port action for "open". That's great!

I guess I need to come to grips with the fact that the module is storing and recognizing voice patterns, not actual words.

Really looking forward to receiving my shipment in the next few days. :-)

I have another question, but I'll create a new thread for that.

marina.petrovic

#4 Post by marina.petrovic » 11 Jul 2014 12:53

Hi,

Yes, like MaGiK, already confirmed, several users/speakers can speak the same command,
but you need to assign to commands different GPIO lines.

Best regards,
Marina

gtc

#5 Post by gtc » 12 Jul 2014 12:28

marina.petrovic wrote: several users/speakers can speak the same command,
but you need to assign to commands different GPIO lines.
Thanks for the clarification. So, from what you say, there can only be one programmed set of actions for each voice+command combination.

MaGiK

#6 Post by MaGiK » 12 Jul 2014 16:24

Hello again gtc :D
gtc wrote:So, from what you say, there can only be one programmed set of actions for each voice+command combination.
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that there might be a misunderstanding between what Marina wrote and what you wrote.

I understood your question as that you want the speakup click to perform the exact same command when the exact same word is said by either one of two people. Of course, the speakup click can achieve that easily as I mentioned.

I think you misunderstood Marina's answer as that the speakup click cannot perform what you need, but actually, she confirmed it and additionally said that you need to assign different GPIO lines if you want the speakup click to perform two different commands when the exact same word is said by one of two people, where each of these two people saying the same word will make the speakup click do a different action.

I had to post this to remove any misunderstanding (If there was any :mrgreen: ).
By the way, I've answered your other question.

Best regards
Gotta catch them all!

gtc

#7 Post by gtc » 13 Jul 2014 06:21

Magik, thank you very much for the clarification. Indeed I had misunderstood Marina's answer.

To be clear, my aim is to have (say) a husband and wife each record a set of commands such as "Open" and "Close" and for the device to execute the same actions mapped to open and close regardless of whether it's the husband or the wife who says the command.

I believe you have now affirmed that. Thanks again.

MaGiK

#8 Post by MaGiK » 13 Jul 2014 09:32

Yes, I believe I understood you from the beginning.

In case you want to be even more sure of my answer, then you can read it yourself.
This is how to do it:

1- Install the speakup free configuration software from its website that is linked below.
http://www.mikroe.com/click/speakup/

2- Start the application.

3- Click on the (help) "?" symbol that is available near the top right corner.

4- Move through the pages until you reach a page in which the title says "Recording tips".

5- Read the fifth tip, which is quoted below.
This is a speaker and language dependent system. If there are more users, each one of them must record voice command due to the pronounciation diversity.
I love eating pizza ... ohhh wait, this is irrelevant :oops:
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “SpeakUp Software”