Device Unknown

General discussion on mikroProg™ programmer and debugger and mikroProg Suite software as well.
Author

Device Unknown

#1 Post by timpng » 17 Oct 2014 08:13

I had the same problem that pedrodurek wrote about on 27 and 28 August of this year. I am using the same MCU he is using with easy PIC v7 and was getting the "Device detected: Unknown, Device selected: PIC18F45K22", but not always. I carefully read the posts from pedrodurek and others who had this problem.

It seemed to work in the morning but would stop working later in the day. I work in an unheated shop that is cool in the morning but warms up by mid-morning.

This afternoon I put the easyPIC v7 into the refrigerator for 15 minutes and when I took it out, it worked!

After it heated up the "Device detected: Unknown" error reappeared.

marina.petrovic

Re: Device Unknown

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 20 Oct 2014 11:13

Hi,

Behavior that you describe is very unusual.
We didn't have similar problem (such manifestation of the problem) in the past.

Did you have the same problem when you use microcontroller in some other DIP socket?
Whether you have this problem from the beginning?

Best regards,
Marina

timpng

#3 Post by timpng » 23 Oct 2014 06:47

I did not see this problem until I stated using it at this location about a month ago. The PIC always operates correctly while in the easy PIC v7 board, even when it cannot be programmed. While in the device which I built for the PIC it always operates correctly.

I do not have another socket that I can use to program the PIC.

I have had this easy PIC v7 for over a year and a half. The places I used it before were in air conditioned areas. The place where I now use it is about 15 degrees in the morning and 25 degrees in the afternoon.

Would this easy PIC v7 be covered by warranty?

marina.petrovic

#4 Post by marina.petrovic » 23 Oct 2014 14:10

Hi,

Warranty period on all our products is one year.

Like I mentioned in my previous answer, behavior that you describe is very unusual.
From your explanation, it seems that problem may be in very programming section of the EasyPIC v7 development board,
but unfortunately, I can't know for sure where exactly.

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “mikroProg™ programmer and debugger”