VTFT is useful

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

VTFT is useful

#1 Post by jumper » 29 Mar 2015 13:24

Hi,

I just wanted to tell ME and anyone else reading this that VTFT, even it is far from perfect, is a useful tool and a great way to get a TFT looking good.

Of course there is a wishing list that is really long but I would love to have a way to generate code for an external keypad. We could provide the code for how to read the buttons and then VTFT could use that instead of TP.

Also I would like to have a way to turn off the background fill if an image is used for background to save time when updating a screen. Today VTFT will fill the screen with color and then update again with the image.

Does anyone have an example for a custom init using VTFT since I would like to use my own write and read commands but I have not figured out where to put my code for the custom init ....

anyway... this is what a TFT can look like using VTFT and a SD card much much better than any normal LCD display I think.

The white areas in the top is just because I edited the image with an eraser to remove the client logo and website
Attachments
tft.jpg
tft.jpg (51.73 KiB) Viewed 2700 times

rmteo

How about a FREE tool that does this?

#2 Post by rmteo » 30 Mar 2015 02:41

Why pay for overpriced toys when you can have
professional grade tools for FREE!!! :D :D :D

jumper

Re: VTFT is useful

#3 Post by jumper » 30 Mar 2015 10:00

too bad that link can only be accessed with VPN and a lot of luck. I will have a look in a few weeks when I am outside the great firewall of china.

jumper

#4 Post by jumper » 30 Mar 2015 10:00

too bad that link can only be accessed with VPN and a lot of luck. I will have a look in a few weeks when I am outside the great firewall of china.

jumper

#5 Post by jumper » 08 Apr 2015 10:40

@rmteo

What do you use as HW since you can get the TFT so quick? Probably something better than a 18F running at 64MHz??

rmteo

#6 Post by rmteo » 01 Aug 2015 05:08

Just about any ARM M0/3/4 will do it (and prob cost no more - perhaps even less than a PIC18). BTW, the emWIN software is free (even for commercial use) from several manufacturers such as EneryMicro, NXP, ST etc.
Why pay for overpriced toys when you can have
professional grade tools for FREE!!! :D :D :D

Return to “Visual TFT General”