VTFT changes project settings under MikroBasic Pro for ARM

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

VTFT changes project settings under MikroBasic Pro for ARM

#1 Post by robert_d1968 » 01 Mar 2015 19:01

Hello there,

I have edited project settings in MikroBasic Pro for ARM to set up the MCU to meet a certain baud rate, as such, I have had to change some PLL settings.

After this is completed, I save and compile the program... All works well.

However, If I then open Visual TFT 3.80 and make a change in the project, IE. add a sub or a button. Once I generate the code and use start compiler, it will load the new generated code into that compiler all looks well, but it's not.

VTFT proceeds to wipe out all of the changes I have made prior to VTFT updating the code...

Why does it change my project settings? I looked in the options for VTFT and it allows some changes in there, but none that I can see to change the options it is changing in my MikroBasic Pro for ARM.

What can I do to stop this from happening? I looked in the help file but nothing in there for configuring the MCU while in VTFT.

I do have under device settings undr Init code:

Code: Select all

sub procedure Init_MCU()
  SPI3_Init_Advanced(_SPI_FPCLK_DIV8, _SPI_MASTER or _SPI_8_BIT or
    		   _SPI_CLK_IDLE_LOW or _SPI_FIRST_CLK_EDGE_TRANSITION or
  		   _SPI_MSB_FIRST or _SPI_SS_DISABLE or _SPI_SSM_ENABLE or _SPI_SSI_1,
  		   @_GPIO_MODULE_SPI3_PC10_11_12)
end sub

I think this may be where I need to setup the custom settings needed for VTFT to stop defaulting to the defualts it is loading into my MikroBasic Pro for ARM project, but I know not how to set that up.

The help file does not cover this from what I have seen, and the board def only has the first code statement in it at this time. Where do I find the needed statements to configure the board to match my settings under my MikroBasic Pro for ARM project settings, and why does the MikroBasic Pro for ARM not update these settings to VTVT when saved and compiled under MikroBasic Pro for ARM?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Robert

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

Re: VTFT changes project settings under MikroBasic Pro for A

#2 Post by petar.timotijevic » 04 Mar 2015 09:31

Hi Robert,

Yes, we are aware that the current version should be improved. Many things will be solved and improved in the next version of VTFT software.

You can configure MCU in VTFT Init code field, for example SPI port configuration, I/O port configuration,....

For now you can use Help in VisualTFT and please see this good tutorial from LibStock web site:

New Users to V-TFT Project for User Code Tutorial and example Event Counter

http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/8 ... nt-counter

Best regards,
Peter

Return to “Visual TFT General”