Possible newb problem with VTFT and Connect EVE *SOLVED*

General discussion on Visual TFT Software.
Author

Possible newb problem with VTFT and Connect EVE *SOLVED*

#1 Post by robert_d1968 » 16 Dec 2014 12:15

Hello everybody,

I just have gotten my Connect EVE break-out board, and I have made a display for it in Visual TFT 3.80.
I have about seven screes added to the project, only a couple of them have any buttons or text thus far.

On one screen I have 6 round buttons and a EveGradient background, no events have been added to the buttons as of this time.
On the button's properties it's color is set for silver and a push color of $0080FFFF (a yellowish color) it is this way for all six buttons.
Now, when I press one of the buttons the push color appears on a different button entirely. not the one being pushed at the time.

Only 2 of the four buttons push colors work on the correct button. Further more, The EveGradient background does not seem to have a disable for pushing it, like as in TFT settings. Really none of the push events can be disabled for any eve controls that I can find.

So when I touch the background, EveGradient touch event fires and draws over the whole screen making it blank until you release the press on it.. Not to cool.

Anybody have an answer for these strange button's behavior and how to disable the EveGradient touch event?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Robert
Last edited by robert_d1968 on 18 Dec 2014 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

robert_d1968

Re: Possible newb problem with VTFT and Connect EVE

#2 Post by robert_d1968 » 16 Dec 2014 13:17

OK, I did find that the button strange behavior was attributed to the screen calibration!
It would seen the default preset is not to accurate, so selecting manual solves the problem... :wink:

But still no luck with the EveGradient problem with disabling the Press on color event....

robert_d1968

Re: Possible newb problem with VTFT and Connect EVE

#3 Post by robert_d1968 » 18 Dec 2014 07:09

OK, after playing around in VTFT for a couple of days, I did discover how to turn off the press event for the
EveGradient...

In it's properties is a check box labeled " ACTIVE " after un-checking this text box, it is no longer in an active state. Thus eliminating any touch events that are built into the EveGradient.

Looks as If I need to do more reading of the help manual...

Robert

nemanja.nikolic

Re: Possible newb problem with VTFT and Connect EVE *SOLVED*

#4 Post by nemanja.nikolic » 18 Dec 2014 16:58

Hello,

Sorry for waiting.
You have video and pdf examples for visual tft:
http://www.mikroe.com/visualtft/videos/
http://www.mikroe.com/downloads/get/152 ... p_v350.pdf

Nemanja.

Best regards.

Return to “Visual TFT General”