Barometer click released

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

Barometer click released

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 30 Jul 2015 19:47

Barometer click released

Barometer/Altimeter, the tool of weathermen and mountain goers throughout history, now on
a click board.

Barometer click carries LPS25HB, the type of sensor you’ll find in airplanes, alpine
watches, but also weather stations. It’s a highly sensitive piezoelectric absolute
pressure sensor that can detect as little as 0.01 hPa RMS in high resolution mode. The
measurement range is from 260 to 1260 hPa (a hectopascal is equal to a milibar)

A barometer and altimeter are essentially the same thing. The only difference is whether
you use it as a stationery device to monitor changes in atmospheric pressure (to brace
yourself for a headache if you see a declining trend) or, as a portable sensor to gauge
altitude (the pressure drops the higher you go; the value at sea level is used as a
reference point).

Barometer click is versatile enough to be suitable for your design whichever way you go.
The board can use either SPI or I2C interfaces. There’s also an interrupt pin which
could be configured in two ways: (1) to send an alert when a certain threshold value is
reached; or (2) to send a signal whenever there’s a change in pressure values (this is
done to reduce power consumption).

More details are available on the product page. Some code to start with is also
available on Libstock.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

MaGiK

Re: Barometer click released

#2 Post by MaGiK » 02 Aug 2015 11:34

It feels like there a Click board released each day! This is incredible! :mrgreen:
Click boards with On-board power indication LED are always awesome! :D

You guys are giving a hard time for those who have to keep up with you guys (Developers of Quail board and developers of FlowPaw board, ... etc) :mrgreen:
Keep at it. I really like Click boards, and I can't wait to find out who will win the Upverter competition (I'm not a participant though) :D

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Product Announcements”