Benefit from the unexpected, try mikroBlocks

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 16 Sep 2014 16:30

Another project from our Intern's lab, mikroBlocks for mikromedia 5 for Tiva.

Tetris inspired, mikroBlocks is all about quickly adapting to what comes next and figuring out
how to fit it into your existing situation as best as you can. It's about benefiting from the unexpected.

Because it's never the right moment to start anything. Opportunities keep popping up and you're
either too tired, not quite prepared, or in the middle of something else. Yet, if you want to grow and
have a great career, you'll jump at the chances you are being given.

Take Aleksandar, the intern who made mikroBlocks: He walked into our building as a customer,
to buy some click boards. When he saw we had an intern's lab, he didn't hesitate to join, even
though he already had a lot of plates to spin:

Aleksandar is a full-time Computer Science student already involved in professional Android development
projects and embedded projects as well.

Unrelated to his studies, he mastered his PICs and ARMs a few years ago, in his spare time, as a
hobby (with mikroC, EasyPIC and EasyMx). And guess what? Internet of Things emerges and
everybody's looking for engineers with skills for both embedded and Android development.
Suddenly Aleksandar's expertise is in demand.

Seizing opportunities as they surface, not being afraid to sort things out as you go—that's the
mindset appreciated here in MikroElektronika.

Take a few minutes out of your day to review the project on Libstock, the code might teach you
something about designing game mechanics on MCUs. If you already own a mikromedia 5 for Tiva,
alter the code, introduce new shapes or rules.

More projects from our intern's lab coming up.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

MaGiK

Re: Benefit from the unexpected, try mikroBlocks

#2 Post by MaGiK » 16 Sep 2014 17:39

Hey guys :D
srdjan.misic wrote:Because it's never the right moment to start anything. Opportunities keep popping up and you're either too tired, not quite prepared, or in the middle of something else. Yet, if you want to grow and have a great career, you'll jump at the chances you are being given.
These words are so deep man!
The guy who writes this stuff sounds very wise ... seriously!
Life's about taking the chances presented each day, and not wishing and waiting for a better tomorrow :D
srdjan.misic wrote:He walked into our building as a customer, to buy some click boards. When he saw we had an intern's lab, he didn't hesitate to join
This statement makes me wish that I live in Serbia. I'd totally join the interns :cry:
I know the work would be very difficult for a lazy guy like me, but I'd still try it! It's a once in a life time opportunity!

Keep up the amazing work guys, and God bless you all :D
Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Toley

#3 Post by Toley » 16 Sep 2014 23:11

It's a very good project. Congratulation to this young man. I will now have to study the code and maybe become as good as him.
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by srdjan.misic » 19 Sep 2014 19:29

MaGiK wrote:Hey guys :D
srdjan.misic wrote:Because it's never the right moment to start anything. Opportunities keep popping up and you're either too tired, not quite prepared, or in the middle of something else. Yet, if you want to grow and have a great career, you'll jump at the chances you are being given.
These words are so deep man!
The guy who writes this stuff sounds very wise ... seriously!
Life's about taking the chances presented each day, and not wishing and waiting for a better tomorrow :D
srdjan.misic wrote:He walked into our building as a customer, to buy some click boards. When he saw we had an intern's lab, he didn't hesitate to join
This statement makes me wish that I live in Serbia. I'd totally join the interns :cry:
I know the work would be very difficult for a lazy guy like me, but I'd still try it! It's a once in a life time opportunity!

Keep up the amazing work guys, and God bless you all :D
Best Regards
Thanks for the flattery MaGiK, but I'm not that smart, I can't even check-mate an STM32. :D

MaGiK

#5 Post by MaGiK » 20 Sep 2014 14:41

srdjan.misic wrote:I can't even check-mate an STM32.
So what if you can't beat the MCU in chess?!? I'm sure you can beat up the guy who can beat the MCU in chess :lol:
Please don't beat up Ivan. We all need his amazing work in software department :mrgreen:

Smart people don't necessarily beat the MCU in chess. Sometimes they are smart at marketing, or product management, or technical support ... or other stuff :wink:
I believe that MikroElektronika puts the smartness of the people working there exactly where it's needed :D
srdjan.misic wrote:Thanks for the flattery MaGiK
It wasn't flattery. It was just plain obvious facts :D

Hey! I just got a smart idea! :shock:
You cannot beat up Ivan because we need his amazing work, but he doesn't need his legs in his work! :lol:
Now you know where to deliver your hits, but remember, he needs his hands for the keyboard :wink:

Keep up the amazing work guys!
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by srdjan.misic » 22 Sep 2014 20:24

MaGiK wrote:
srdjan.misic wrote:I can't even check-mate an STM32.
So what if you can't beat the MCU in chess?!? I'm sure you can beat up the guy who can beat the MCU in chess :lol:
Please don't beat up Ivan. We all need his amazing work in software department :mrgreen:

Smart people don't necessarily beat the MCU in chess. Sometimes they are smart at marketing, or product management, or technical support ... or other stuff :wink:
I believe that MikroElektronika puts the smartness of the people working there exactly where it's needed :D
srdjan.misic wrote:Thanks for the flattery MaGiK
It wasn't flattery. It was just plain obvious facts :D

Hey! I just got a smart idea! :shock:
You cannot beat up Ivan because we need his amazing work, but he doesn't need his legs in his work! :lol:
Now you know where to deliver your hits, but remember, he needs his hands for the keyboard :wink:

Keep up the amazing work guys!
Best Regards
I'm afraid that's a very bad idea. This is why:

Ivan has been practicing his boxing skills in the past few months. We have a punching bag in our gym, and a programmer in the IT department, a semi-pro kick boxer in his spare time, who acts as his trainer.

So there's some MikroE trivia for you :)

MaGiK

#7 Post by MaGiK » 24 Sep 2014 15:23

Oh My God! :shock:
Ivan turned out to be quite a cool member of the software department team :D
I thought all the people working in that team would be nerds with no athletic skills of what so ever, basically ... like me :mrgreen:

Here's the proof that you're very smart: You didn't attack Ivan as I suggested! And as I just figured out, this is a very smart move from you Srdjan!
srdjan.misic wrote:So there's some MikroE trivia for you
You have no idea how much I would like to get to know MikroElektronika even more, so this is not "trivia" at all! :D

Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Product Announcements”