has someone experience with long CAN bus?

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

#16 Post by Pierrot78 » 30 Nov 2007 09:03

Have you ever thought of WSN (Wireless sensors network)?
I have been working with TinyOS, on a platform called Tinynode. Maximum line-of-sight transmission was 2000m, and many multi-hops protocols are available on that OS.
It might be worth a try ;-)
Best regards,

Pierre

ascomm

#17 Post by ascomm » 04 Apr 2008 22:29

picdog wrote:I will try also RS485 because if the wiring are present, in the scenarios above, I have plenty of pairs and can use two of them; just to justify these posts on this forum (mikroC), even I am also interested in writing in mikroC some simple routines to achieve a sort of redundancy using both the two busses (some simple thing to begin, like receiving a command on a bus and expecting the same on the other ecc...). What do you think? I am very interested and pleased reading your posts.
Good evening, Picdog
Hello picdog.

Have you been able to test that RS485 bus yet? I would be very interested to hear your experiences how it worked (or didn't work) and what bus drivers you used etc. I hope that you can report your findings.

Cheers,
-ascomm-
char *signature;
signature = "MikroC Pro and EasyPIC 2";

picdog

#18 Post by picdog » 06 Apr 2008 11:49

Hello,
I will use RS-485 in a new project in the next few weeks but only for connecting short distance devices (they in fact are in the same rack). I will report you what transceiver I will choose.
best regards,
picdog
... a proud user of MikroElektronica EasyPic3, EasyPic4, BigPic4, MikroC for PIC, EasydsPIC2, dsPIC-Pro2, LV24-33 and MikroC for dsPIC :)

ascomm

Re:

#19 Post by ascomm » 26 Dec 2010 10:53

picdog wrote:Hello,
I will use RS-485 in a new project in the next few weeks but only for connecting short distance devices (they in fact are in the same rack). I will report you what transceiver I will choose.
best regards,
picdog
Hello picdog! Sorry to bring up this old thread but have you tested the RS-485 yet? I'm still interested about it. And how about that CAN bus? Did it work?
char *signature;
signature = "MikroC Pro and EasyPIC 2";

Return to “mikroC General”