YOU VOTE - WE DO IT: mikromedia shields

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
marina.petrovic

Re: YOU VOTE - WE DO IT: mikromedia shields

#16 Post by marina.petrovic » 19 Nov 2014 15:53

Hi,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will certainly pass it to my hardware developers.
In our offer we have something similar: http://www.mikroe.com/click/air-quality/

Best regards,
Marina

Megahurts

#17 Post by Megahurts » 23 May 2015 21:05

Hi All,

Just checking if anything has been progressed on this users vote for shield HW development yet?

I'm really, really anxious to see/get the Guitar Shield and supporting example codes.

Thanks, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

darko.minic

#18 Post by darko.minic » 25 May 2015 10:57

Hi Robert,

I will forward again your request to Project Department.

Guitar shield is nice idea.
I also play guitar, proud owner of PRS Tremonti (with EMG pickups) and Jackson DXMG :D.

Regards,
Darko

Megahurts

#19 Post by Megahurts » 31 May 2015 23:54

:shock: Now I'm :mrgreen: with envy Darko. Very nice couple of Guitars you have there. 8)
So I'm guessing you like to Rock?
Me too.
Making effects has also been one of my favorite past-times also since I started playing in '82.
Learning and using DAW software along with my TASCAM 8-track PortaStudio has been where my attention is of late.
Rock-on, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

october252

#20 Post by october252 » 13 Oct 2015 07:43

I really like the 'CO2 Click' board idea! Can't stand to wait for the final shield comes out. :mrgreen:

Hope it will get to be something like the current TP or MMB trend. so into it. MMB shield containing the necessary controls and circuit protection components for making a MMB a Bench Test/Measure multifunction Meter/data logger.
The style of led display on it and the led smd decoration attached on the surface totally kill it!

aleksa.jovanovic

#21 Post by aleksa.jovanovic » 13 Oct 2015 15:38

Hi,

That is also a great suggestion, I will forward it to the hardware department and have them decide on how to go on with it.

Best regards,
Aleksa

HrastProgrammer

#22 Post by HrastProgrammer » 21 Oct 2015 10:46

Megahurts wrote:I'm really, really anxious to see/get the Guitar Shield and supporting example codes.
But, why call it "Guitar Shield"?

Let it be "DSP/FX Shield" with stereo A/D input and stereo D/A output. Those should be of much higher quality than a DAC in Mikromedia boards for the reasons I mentioned here - mainly, too much noise, too big latency and too little RAM:

http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=65737

Various effects can then be developed for this "DSP/FX Shield", guitars and synthesizers can be proccessed, even human voice through the microphone (some preamp needed for this), etc. If Mikroelektronika needs someone for DSP development I will gladly help them ...

nigelmercier

#23 Post by nigelmercier » 24 Oct 2015 15:10

My suggestion would be a power supply board to enable use in a boat or vehicle. It would need to accept a noisy voltage up to 16V.

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

#24 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 26 Oct 2015 14:52

Hello,

this is the topic about mikromedia shields.

But your idea will be forwarded to our development team nonetheless.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Kind regards,
Biljana

ahmed.ganainy

#25 Post by ahmed.ganainy » 05 Dec 2015 17:22

Waiting for the Shield to my Mikromedia 7...It shall be bigger with 8-10 MikroBUS sockets and there shall be a proper way to expand the bus or at least MIKROE-196 flat cable connection header for user extension or custom board on the new shield.
Last edited by ahmed.ganainy on 08 Dec 2015 08:57, edited 1 time in total.

Aleksandar.Mitrovic
mikroElektronika team

#26 Post by Aleksandar.Mitrovic » 07 Dec 2015 13:12

Hi,

Thank you for this suggestion.

I will forward it to our Development team.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

xxeno

#27 Post by xxeno » 21 Apr 2016 15:48

But will any of these shields have MikroBasic Examples :lol:

Aleksandar.Mitrovic
mikroElektronika team

#28 Post by Aleksandar.Mitrovic » 22 Apr 2016 16:01

Hi,

I can not promises anything at this moment.
We will try to make it.

I will suggest to our developers to consider writing some example in mikroBasic as well?

Best regards,
Aleksandar

CuriousPenguin

#29 Post by CuriousPenguin » 30 Jun 2016 18:20

I have 2 suggestions.

1) 5 GHz Wifi shield.

2) Extend-a-shield! An actual bus with the MikroBus lines, an interrupt line and an address line, to select which unit is being talked to down the line. The interrupt should be able to signal which unit gave the interrupt, and allow for an optional "and select that unit automatically". This should feel like a MikroBus version of the strings of addressable LEDs that can be joined or cut, but instead of "an LED", a Mikrobus socket to take a click shield should be available. Ribbon cable between the shields should be the connection standard, and a power-on self test should happen that should verify the lines between Extend-a-shield, finishing with lighting an LED on the board. This should help to eliminate errors with bad cables. If the LED is a bi-colour or tri-colour then the LED could also be used to signal when the board thinks it's the active unit, with its lines being passed back to the microcontroller at the control end of the bus. Finally, the "control" section that's different to the board section should be controlled in some standard method so that it can plug into the existing dev boards. Being a second shield with patch wires over to the first in the bus line is an acceptable solution.

The cost of the extending boards should be minimized, so that it doesn't become cost-prohibitive to buy two full-bus lengths to experiment with a couple of full-length units talking to each other.

nadir.celebic
mikroElektronika team

#30 Post by nadir.celebic » 01 Jul 2016 16:39

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback, we will make sure to put it in our Wish list.

Regards,
Nadir

Return to “Product Announcements”