Four new machines that tripled our production capacity

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author
srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

Four new machines that tripled our production capacity

#1 Post by srdjan.misic » 28 May 2014 11:39

These are the new machines that tripled our production capabilities

Let's take a look at our new machines (we mentioned them when announcing the WunderBar recently).

YouTube is full of Christmas gift freak-out videos, with kids loosing themselves in episodes of hysterical
happiness because they discovered an Xbox or something like that under the tree. Screaming and jumping
around the room, completely loosing it.

Although adults, some of us were on the verge of reenacting some of those YouTube classics. Most of all,
it's the guys in the anti-static blue shirts that work in the manufacturing area. The occasion, of course,
was the arrival of four brand new machines.

These are the crown-jewels that adorn our manufacturing floor. It's top notch, world class equipment. Take a tour with us:

Ersa Versaprint S1

Ersa is Europe's largest manufacturer of soldering systems. The Versaprint handles solder paste applications on PCBs.

The machine has an integrated high resolution camera that performs automated optical inspection after the paste
has been applied. The inspection process is performed at at a speed of 9,100mm2 , among the fastest in the world.

The Ersa Versaprint feeds the PCB board straight to the Europlacer iineo, the star of the new production line:

Europlacer iineo 2

This Pick and Place machine with its two turret heads with 12 nozzles can place an astonishing 28,000 components
per hour
. This is a considerable leap compared to our previous machine. It triples our production capacities.

That level of productivity doesn't depend solely on the Pick and Place machine, it's the reflow oven where the soldering of
the components takes place:

Ersa hotflow

The Ersa hotflow is a high end reflow machine, the newest from the Ersa hotflow family. It's the result of Ersa's quarter-of-a-century
long experience in building reflow systems. It has 7 heating zones (+2 for cooling) with precise process control that allows us to get
the highest quality soldering for the surface mount components.

The soldering of the through-hole components is of course equally important. That's done with the Selective Soldering machine:

Ersa Versaflow

The Versaflow is one of the world's fastest selective soldering machines. Its nozzles deliver micro drops of flux that are
vertically propelled on the solder joint with absolute precision, while the PCB is held stationery inside the machine. The dot of
flux jetted from the nozzle can be as small as 3 mm in diameter.

So by the time you've read this article from start to finish, about three pieces of PCB became EasyPICs. It's an awesome sight to witness.

Yours sincerely,
MikroElektronika

Toley

Re: Four new machines that tripled our production capacity

#2 Post by Toley » 28 May 2014 21:57

Nice ! Very impressive equipment. But now do you plan to hire some "brains" to triple your compilers release ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

p.erasmus

#3 Post by p.erasmus » 29 May 2014 17:39

Toley wrote:Nice ! Very impressive equipment. But now do you plan to hire some "brains" to triple your compilers release ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes releases has gone down for 3 to 0 per year now more than 14 months since the last PIC release
When we eventually get an release than the current parts would be out dated
Last edited by p.erasmus on 29 May 2014 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

MaGiK

#4 Post by MaGiK » 29 May 2014 18:11

Hello MikroElektronika's team

Congratulations on the new equipment! They surely look impressive. They're a huge step forward.
This should mean that you'd never have a board that is "sold out" such as the SpeakUp Click at the moment.
I can sense that the waiting for the wonderful WunderBar is about to end. You have no idea how excited I'm about it :D
Keep up your amazing work! It's appreciated by lots and lots and lots of people :wink:

Best Wishes for the future
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

fred85

#5 Post by fred85 » 30 May 2014 17:07

Toley wrote:Nice ! Very impressive equipment. But now do you plan to hire some "brains" to triple your compilers release ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes whats happenning with an update? We've been told " in a few weeks" for months now. We were told in a few weeks over a month ago.

http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=15

The new machines are nice but I would like a compiler update.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by filip » 02 Jun 2014 12:41

Hi,

The compiler update will come up very soon, please don't worry.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Filip.

MaGiK

#7 Post by MaGiK » 02 Jun 2014 14:14

Hello Filip :D

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I'm very curious about the status of the old machines.
Are they going to get sold? Or are you guys going to use both new and old machines together?

Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

filip
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by filip » 03 Jun 2014 15:08

Hi,

The old machines are up and running all time. :)

Regards,
Filip.

MaGiK

#9 Post by MaGiK » 04 Jun 2014 08:41

That's great news to me. I really like the products that were first made on your old machines. The old machines made quite impressive boards, like this one:
http://vimeo.com/76045850

Thanks for answering :D
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

RomanT

#10 Post by RomanT » 25 Jul 2014 10:06

When will you start to produce the promised examples for Click's AVR Compiler?
My opinion is you need to make examples for all clicks and for all compilers.
Otherwise it turns out that you discrimination all others, supporting only PIC
HW: µM Plus for STM32, µM for ATMEGA, µM for XMEGA, MINI-AT, µProgSTM32, ConnectEVE.
SW: mikroC AVR, ARM, VisualTFT.
Clicks: WiFi+, GSM, GSM2, Bluetooth, ADC, DAC, RTC, IrThermo,
FM, OSD, GPS-L10, GYRO, Altitude, Compass, nRF C, USB adapter, SpeakUp.

marina.petrovic

#11 Post by marina.petrovic » 28 Jul 2014 13:14

Hi,

For some of our click boards we already provided examples written in AVR compiler (for example, GPS-L10, RTC,...).

Of course, we have plans to provide as many examples for our click boards for all our compilers if it's possible,
but as we have a lot of click boards providing the examples for all our compilers (PIC, dsPIC, PIC32, ARM and AVR)
requires a certain amount of time.

Thank you very much for your interest and your patience.

Best regards,
Marina

Rotary_Ed

#12 Post by Rotary_Ed » 16 Nov 2014 17:12

Congratulations! :D Having been associated with MK since 2004 (hey! a Decade has gone by - so fast - I must be having fun!), its been gratifying to see a company that pays so much attention to its customer needs succeed and grow. I must have at least 4-5 of your major boards for the PIC not to mention a number of click boards and too many compiler versions to keep track of.

Yes, I started with your first Pascal Compiler - which at the time, I had to add 12 assembly language functions due to their absence in the first compiler. As your newer versions rolled out - the need for my assembly language functions were quickly subsumed by the compiler's growth. I know that took a lot of work by highly motivated staff and it has clearly paid off in your growth.

However, I must join the chorus in suggesting that falling behind in your compiler development/update could dampen your board Sales.

The PIC32 MX Pascal compiler has long been without an update (over a year). I am eagerly awaiting the PIC32 MZ Pascal Compiler, but seeing the amount of confusion on the Microchip forum about the chip and development environment - it sounds like developing that compiler may be a bear of a task. :(

Keep up the good work, you can't keep us all Happy, but just so long as I am :lol:
Rotary_Ed
Matthews, NC USA
Rv-6A N494BW Rotary Powered

marina.petrovic

#13 Post by marina.petrovic » 17 Nov 2014 16:20

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we really appreciate that.

Our software developers giving their best to provide new compiler release in the shortest time intervals
but like you already mentioned, for example in case of PIC32 compilers and PIC32MZ MCUs it's very difficult to work on providing full support in compiler in period when you do not have fully functional microcontroller version (when it comes to key features).

Our software developers certainly are working on new PIC32 compiler release, but we are very thankful for your understanding and your patience.

Best regards,
Marina

saschech

#14 Post by saschech » 17 Nov 2014 17:12

Hello
I think,for this situation jou have ""Updates""

Wolfgang

VU_NAS

#15 Post by VU_NAS » 18 May 2015 18:25

Are there any problems using the Europlacer IINEO machine? we obtained one of these machines to be used in the US and have a number of issues. Do you? Please share your views. Thanks

Return to “Product Announcements”