New USB Device Library Released!

General discussion on Libstock website & codes posted on this website.
Author
anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#1 Post by anikolic » 07 Feb 2013 08:58

Update:

We have been working very hard in the past couple of months to bring you a powerful new library for our
compilers - USB Device Library. It's available for download on Libstock website.

After hundreds of hours of writing code and testing, we're proud to announce a comprehensive new
USB Device Library. Today we're releasing packages for ARM (STM32 and Stellaris), but will be releasing
versions for other architectures shortly after. The library is completely FREE of CHARGE and comes in
versions for mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal compilers.

UPDATE: PIC32 version released!

New approach with callback functions allows much flexibility. You may implement virtually any class
from USB standard. We've provided nice examples of how to create your own USB HID TouchPad
and a Mass Storage Device.

We have provided a Help file along with the library package, so functions are fully documented.

Make sure to visit Libstock NOW, download our powerful new library and develop your USB-based devices with ease.

Yours sincerely,
mikroElektronika
Web Department Manager

pwdixon

Re: New USB Device Library Released!

#2 Post by pwdixon » 07 Feb 2013 11:31

Sounds ungrateful but, all well and good but when will this be available for PICs please?

p.erasmus

#3 Post by p.erasmus » 07 Feb 2013 12:28

pwdixon wrote:Sounds ungrateful but, all well and good but when will this be available for PICs please?
Yea this is the funny part we (MCHP users)are waiting for this since 4 years on mE promisses that the library will be done ,and now
it does come out but for the compilers that were added(last) just about 1 year ago ,I recall me posting when ARM was released that the
mE focus has moved to ARM and MCHP users should consider if it makes sense to keep on supporting mE
then all mE personel were angry with me ,this is just a proof that mE has moved their focus from MCHP to ARM and it may take another 4 years before
PIC's are supported ,if ever as mE has told us lies about the library,.make no sense to support mE anymore as a MCHP user.
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by anikolic » 07 Feb 2013 13:35

pwdixon wrote:Sounds ungrateful but, all well and good but when will this be available for PICs please?
We expect to have support for PIC somewhere in March 2013. Support for PIC32 should be even sooner.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

pwdixon

#5 Post by pwdixon » 07 Feb 2013 14:19

anikolic wrote:
We expect to have support for PIC somewhere in March 2013. Support for PIC32 should be even sooner.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
That would be really good, I'll wait with my tongue hanging out......

erpay

#6 Post by erpay » 07 Feb 2013 16:58

anikolic wrote:

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Could I think dsPIC will also be sooner as PIC32 ?

pwdixon

#7 Post by pwdixon » 07 Feb 2013 17:10

erpay wrote: Could I think dsPIC will also be sooner as PIC32 ?
The same as the rest of us, you can think what you like but it ends up being down to whatever ME thinks that gets things done I'm afraid.

Const50

#8 Post by Const50 » 27 Feb 2013 14:07

In Libstock I see USB library only for ARM. Today is February 27. I afraid the promise about USB lib for PIC32 at Feb is false.

pwdixon

#9 Post by pwdixon » 27 Feb 2013 14:29

Const50 wrote:In Libstock I see USB library only for ARM. Today is February 27. I afraid the promise about USB lib for PIC32 at Feb is false.
I think you've jumped the gun a bit there,
a) it's not yet the end of February and
b) Aleksandar said "We expect to have support for PIC somewhere in March 2013. Support for PIC32 should be even sooner." so PIC could be end of March and PIC32 could be the day before.

Of course I don't necessarily believe that ME will meet the end of March date but I will be really impressed if they do.

p.erasmus

#10 Post by p.erasmus » 27 Feb 2013 18:44

pwdixon wrote: Of course I don't necessarily believe that ME will meet the end of March date but I will be really impressed if they do.
Yea I do not believe them as well have seen these promises to many times in the forum for many years about the same library and by the same people making the promisses
P.Erasmus
Saratov,Russia
--------------------------------------------------------------

vbcoder

#11 Post by vbcoder » 28 Feb 2013 13:27

When a CDC library for MikroC is going to be implemented?
--------------------------------
Kind Regards,
Waleed El-Badry
Teaching Assistant
Mechatronics Engineering Department
Misr University for Science & Technology

pwdixon

#12 Post by pwdixon » 28 Feb 2013 13:37

Woh boy!
Don't be in such a rush, we're waiting for the updated HID/MSD version to be issued first, ME haven't shown any signs of even working on CDC as yet I don't think.

Edited: I did find this though:
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=52624

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#13 Post by dejan.odabasic » 28 Feb 2013 18:01

Hello,

For those who don't click on quoted link in pwdixon post:

USB Device Library is written in such way that users can developed additional classes like CDC with help of function which are provided in library.

Best regards.

pwdixon

#14 Post by pwdixon » 28 Feb 2013 19:08

That sounds good but I'd put money on it being so difficult that many will try but few will succeed in getting a working system. You only have to look at how many have mentioned it on various forums, tried to convert the MicroChip code and apparently failed.

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#15 Post by anikolic » 25 Mar 2013 12:40

USB Device Library for PIC32 Released!

After version for ARM compilers, we're happy to present you with the new USB Device library for our PIC32 compilers.
It's available for download on Libstock website.
Web Department Manager

Return to “Libstock Discussion”