WiFi PLUS Click with TCP/IP Stack - Complete WiFi Solution

General discussion on Libstock website & codes posted on this website.
Author

Re: WiFi PLUS Click with TCP/IP Stack - Complete WiFi Soluti

#16 Post by kvantumax » 07 Mar 2013 18:57

dejan.odabasic wrote:Hello,

If you try to search for any of those acronyms in your internet search engine you will get abundance of information on searched topic.

Best regards.
Sorry but to me it doesn't seems to be a fair answer, especially when your company is so supported/focused by/on hobbyist and students.

Not in vane you see on this forum, so many questions that seem foolish, but they are made by the beginners that support you, the persons that buy your products.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#17 Post by filip » 08 Mar 2013 10:06

Hi,

Please, these acronyms are something that user should know before he stars implementing any Ethernet solution.
These are the basic foundations so I think users must be familiar with them.

The mikroElektronika Support Teams will give the proper support for their products and explain their functioning,
but the basic protocol explanation should be carried out by the user.

Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,
Filip.

lexdean

#18 Post by lexdean » 20 May 2013 11:15

Wi-Fi must be thee No 1 peripheral support for 32 bit processors today. The price of the module is over the target price of my prodcution product I wish to manufacture with my extras added on to it. Modules are restrictive in design options, added chip count and very expensive cost options. It’s as if you are cutting the hands off from the people that would like to feed you.

I want to try and use a Broadcom BCM4326 Chip personally and drive it from my Pic 32 chip directly and employ other IP tasks. e.g.:- I want the device to react to a ping message. Major cost advantage, reliability and lower chip count and do way more IP things!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chip cost $10 for my manufactured product.

Option 1
Mikro Pascal needs to support a *.DCU file of some type or convertible file between for Micro C and other Micro standards. (Lower development costs to parties like Broadcom and commitment to third party support). Imagine taking any C file from a third party, for a peripheral and a Pic 32 chip and able use it on any Mikro product.

Option 2
Allow or work with Broadcom and other manufactures develop code support for their products. This creates versatility to Mikro products and sales for both companies.

Mikro needs to think past hobby markets to get sales and target demand past processor manufactures and rethink peripheral support. PIC 32’s from Mikro’s perspective are like a boat manufacture that build sail boats and forgot about adding an engine as if no one would ever use one.

Lex Dean

lexdean

#19 Post by lexdean » 20 May 2013 11:25

Wi-Fi must be thee No 1 peripheral support for 32 bit processors today. The price of the module is over the target price of my product I wish to manufacture with my extras added on to it. I feel you are cutting the hands off from the people that would like to feed you.

I want to try and use a Broadcom BCM4326 Chip personally, because of cost mainly and employ other IP tasks. e.g.:- I want Direct IP message access like ping server that returns a string.

Major cost advantage, reliability and lower chip count and do way more IP things!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chip cost $10 for my manufactured product.

I question why Mikro has not thought: -
Option 1
Mikro Pascal needs to support *.DCU file of some type or convertible file between for Micro C and other Micro standards. (Lower development costs to parties like Broadcom and commitment to third party support). Imagine taking any C file from a third party, for a peripheral and a Pic 32 chip and able use it on any Mikro product.

Option 2
Allow or work with Broadcom and other manufactures develop code support for their products
This creates versatility to Mikro products and sales for both companies.

Mikro needs to think past hobby markets to get sales and target demand past processor manufactures and rethink peripheral support for the processors they support. PIC 32’s from Mikro’s perspective are like a boat manufacture that build sail boats and forgot about adding an engine as if no one would ever use one.

Lex Dean

threads

#20 Post by threads » 24 Sep 2013 10:52

Hello,
I’m trying to test a simple socket communication with Wi-Fi Click Board. UDP sockets works fine but with TCP I have a problem.
The accept function doesn’t seem to work because it is not blocking, socketChildTCP is set to 254 (Invalid Socket handler) and network_op_result is set to 0.
Create, bind and listen is ok.

network_op_result = Net_Wireless_MCW1001_TCP_Accept(&socketChildTCP, &remotePort, remoteIp);

What's wrong ?
Thanks in advance for your interest.
EasypicFusion7 PIC32MX795F512L with compiler microC PRO 3.3.3

lexdean

#21 Post by lexdean » 26 Sep 2013 23:39

My experience is mikro does not support any thing well like this
get a degree in DSL or wifi and understand the chip you are using and start from scratch
Mikrio only support Ethernet but without any wireless support at all, Mikro Pascal products have a very limited future because of this, final.

With Ethernet and USB as the most used objects you would think Mikro would realize this but they refuse to understand the need.

Regards,
sorry

marina.petrovic

#22 Post by marina.petrovic » 27 Sep 2013 14:00

Hi,

Did you try the example from Network WiFi Library?
http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/3 ... fi-library

Also, did you try to set socketChildTCP = 0?

Best regards,
Marina

lexdean

#23 Post by lexdean » 28 Sep 2013 08:28

This must be new, I've just had a quick look and have many questions I expected to have answered before down loading.
I have found Its targeted for TCP/IP stack, 2.4 - 2.5 GHz band ADSL but you do not say
802.11 a,g,n communication standards
I suspect it is g only, my personal project that's good.

Must developers would like to know that sort of info before down loading.
I did not know Microchip made such a chip.
I was hoping in the future to personalty to access ADSL 'g', 'n' one day (not so interested in 'a' as its getting very out dated now) but anything is possable for the future.
And I see a 2 DB and 10 DB versions of the chip set that are quite low power
I personally think their will always be some demand for g for low power use with n becoming most popular by consumers in the long term.

I hope you can look to the future and the main lines of Intel, realtek and broadcom if possible
As they are well tested in the market place. You people must research your selves and make these calls. I have no idea how well this chip set works with Intel, realtek and broadcom as some testing results is good to know to give assurances. Can you comment on your testing please.

I will read and look further
Thanks and excited.

aCkO

#24 Post by aCkO » 28 Sep 2013 17:01

lexdean wrote:This must be new, I've just had a quick look and have many questions I expected to have answered before down loading.
I have found Its targeted for TCP/IP stack, 2.4 - 2.5 GHz band ADSL but you do not say
802.11 a,g,n communication standards
I suspect it is g only, my personal project that's good.

Must developers would like to know that sort of info before down loading.
Developers usually read the datasheets :)
wifi.png
wifi.png (36.31 KiB) Viewed 157064 times
Regards

lexdean

#25 Post by lexdean » 28 Sep 2013 22:49

yea that gives exactly I need from the hardware thanks
Documentation on the software would be a help if possible to get me going.
Is that a good idea.

But one thing
Many developer's have problems with the C Code support with this chip on the MicroChip web site,
that I expect you have based your code off C Code support.
dropping off the D.. server. Tracing through code to see your mistakes saves a lot of time some times.
Is it possible to obtain the pascal text copy of this code to assist in tracing
Is their copyright issues to do this or any other reasons that we cannot obtain a text copy.
Is it possible for a text copy to assist tracing/debugging issues and some may see it as educational too. :shock:

Thanks in advance if possable

marina.petrovic

#26 Post by marina.petrovic » 30 Sep 2013 13:29

Hi,

The Network WiFi Library is based fully on MCW1001A datasheet.
Library is written in C, Basic and Pascal programming language (PIC, dsPIC, PIC32, ARM and AVR compilers).

Please, take a look at chip datasheet and library help file for additional information.

If I understand you properly, you ask for library source files (text copy)?
We don't distribute library source files due to company policy.

Best regards,
Marina

lexdean

#27 Post by lexdean » 02 Oct 2013 11:09

I have just realized something

This micro chip WiFi is only good for a WiFi repeater around the home and that's all.
Can you look at http://www.wi-fi.org about WEP/WPA/WPA2 security tools.

And a IPv6-IPv4 and IPv4-IPv4 DHCP Relay (a proxy that is able to receive a DHCP request and resend it to the real DHCP server).
I hope you can also come up with a IPv4 DHCP server too. It only needs 25 users Max at a time.
Security and DHCP's must work together with each other. I would like most the server but others will like the relay.

I hope my search around is helpful tools to consider as this must all work together some how.
Its a good complex Job I thought of isn't it. I do not know how you will work it.

Lex

marina.petrovic

#28 Post by marina.petrovic » 03 Oct 2013 11:15

Hi,

WiFi Plus click features MRF24WB0MA.
For any additional information please take a look at MRF24WB0MA datasheet.
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/D ... 70632C.pdf

Best regards,
Marina

lexdean

#29 Post by lexdean » 04 Oct 2013 08:46

Find the correct data sheets are a big pain
it would be so nice to have a list-link so I do not make a mistake

This chip set handles 1 Mbs data rate, correct, about 20 times faster than dial-up,
Others are 3 times faster 3 Mbs, and others a 4 times slower.
so this is an average speed.

Video work needs about 10 Mbs each way
the 802.11 n can handle about 250 Mbs with 256 separate mesh block bands correct???????

If you were creating a server do you stack a number of chip sets beside each other.
example serve 20 users you would have 20 chip sets even if their max data rate was 250 kbs.
They automaticly find separate bands and ZigBee communication standard tends to start from the other end of the mesh block band spectrum.

Last point this chip set at 802.11 n, uses 2 bands in the mesh block to achieve a 1 Mbs data rate.
Microchip modules are many times faster as is other chip sets like Intel and broudcom and this is the true speed demands of the market today for internet access. And a 150 MHz ARM processor is able to drive 15 MBs with the 802.11 n standard.

Am I making sense.
This question is hard to get answered off the internet.
am I'm out of balance with my reasoning.

marina.petrovic

#30 Post by marina.petrovic » 04 Oct 2013 13:09

Hi,

The main speed limitation of the WiFi Plus click board represent UART,
no the chip data rate, so first of all you need to pay attention on that limitation.

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “Libstock Discussion”