WiFi PLUS Click with TCP/IP Stack - Complete WiFi Solution

General discussion on Libstock website & codes posted on this website.
Author
anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#1 Post by anikolic » 18 Jun 2012 18:37

Today we're helping you to get rid of wires. Use WiFi instead. It's easy and simple. Come and see for yourself.

We worked hard to make sure you don't have to. We are happy to present you with WiFi PLUS click board.
Amazing and powerful, featuring MRF24WB0MA – 2.4GHz, IEEE std. 802.11 - compliant module and most
importantly - MCW1001 companion controller with on-board TCP/IP stack and 802.11 connection manager.

Combined with simple UART interface, this means that even microcontrollers with little RAM and Flash
can run WiFi applications. How cool is that?

To make sure you have the whole package covered, we have made Network WiFi library exclusively available
on Libstock website. We developed packages for each and every of our 18 compilers, along with demonstration
examples. We created examples of connection via network router, and examples of ad-hoc connection.

We are thrilled with the new WiFi PLUS click board. Therefore we developed a Let's make project you might
want to throw your eye on. It's built with EasyPIC v7, mikromedia for PIC18FJ, mikroBUS shield and two
WiFi PLUS click boards. Beautiful graphical interface developed using Visual TFT software is intuitive and
easy to use. With a touch of a screen you can change state of your digital pins of PORTA and you can also
easily monitor predefined analog and digital lines on EasyPIC v7. Code is developed in mikroC, mikroBasic and
mikroPascal compilers for PIC.

We invite you to visit the WiFi PLUS Click webpage, download Network WiFi library from Libstock and
make sure to visit WiFi Control Demo Let's make project to get the idea how powerful and easy it all is.

Yours sincerely,
mikroElektronika
Web Department Manager

Sy

Re: WiFi PLUS Click with TCP/IP Stack - Complete WiFi Soluti

#2 Post by Sy » 20 Jun 2012 21:23

Any chance of putting together a kit that includes the above as an addon at a better price than buying the bits individually?

I mean as a kit that can be purchased for those of us that already have an easypic v7.
Kind Regards,
Sy

joseLB

#3 Post by joseLB » 06 Jul 2012 15:16

it works on EP5?
it works with 16f, ex: 16f886?
If I understood correctly, there are 2 boards: wifi itself and a kindo of "control" board. The wifi would be the smaller, and control the biggest. Suposing to use it as part of a project, I could buy just the smaler one? It is meant to run unatended. So, to develop, debug, etc. both boards. But to use at the final product, just the smaler one? If yes, what would be the price?
ps: there is no room or meaning in the final product to have any kind of human interface, it is just to send/receive information thru wifi to other computers at the wifi or at web thru wifi.

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by dejan.odabasic » 09 Jul 2012 15:45

Hello,

EasyPICv5 doesn't have mikroBus connection. You could connect it using jump wires.
Example that can be downloaded from LibStock should work with PIC16F886 but it needs adaptation since the project is written for PIC18F45K22.
Note that board is designed to use 3.3V power supply only.

WiFi PLUS Click is a single board, it features the same module as EasyWiFi Board, only difference is additional chip (MCW1001) which makes communication with module much easier because it features on-board TCP/IP stack and 802.11 connection manager.
WiFi PLUS click communicates with MCU via UART.

Best regards.

dario-ri

#5 Post by dario-ri » 26 Aug 2012 21:40

Hi to all,

i did convert software for 18F452, and is working Ok. I did also a proto board adapter for CLICK with 3.3V voltage regulator on board. Unfortunately I did not solved conversion from PIC18F MMB to PIC32MX MMB.

Is there any chance Mikroelektronika will have CLICK adapter for Easy PIC 5 and Easy PIC 6 ?

Is there any chance to have PIC32MX MMB example for CONTROL DEMO?

Thanks,
Dario

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by dejan.odabasic » 27 Aug 2012 15:50

Hello,

EasyPIC5 and EasyPIC6 are obsolete boards and I don't think we'll have backward compatibility for mikroBus, especially since it's easy to connect it with just few jumper wires.

We have in plan to cover more MCU families, as soon as our time schedule and plans allow it.

Best regards.

yahyooh

#7 Post by yahyooh » 27 Aug 2012 22:01

hi,
It is very nice to find development boards & demo examples which is almost understood by beginners like me :wink:
but the problem is the knowledge about these concepts:
IPv4
ARP
ICMP
UDP
TCP
ARP
DNS
UDP
DHCP

i am wondering if these concepts are well known or not , but anyway they will be more easy if there was an overview that explain them
Regards,

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#8 Post by dejan.odabasic » 28 Aug 2012 07:57

Hello,

If you try to search for any of those acronyms in your internet search engine you will get abundance of information on searched topic.

Best regards.

ahmedissa

#9 Post by ahmedissa » 14 Sep 2012 15:42

Hi,

I have a very simple question "may be stupid", Is it possible to use WiFi Plus Click as the communication means in a simple SCADA system?

I have the hardware to be controlled already built with microcontroller circuitries, sensors, etc. There are measurements within my hardware that I am interested in sending to a remote place. So, my understanding and hypothesis is like this:

If I steal data from the microprocessor that controls my hardware, can I send it using a WiFi Plus Click attahced to the hardware and send it to another device/PC which has another WiFi Plus Click installed on it? Can this process be done in the opposite direction, i.e. send commands from the PC to the hardware?

Many thanks in advance..

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#10 Post by dejan.odabasic » 17 Sep 2012 08:54

Hello,

Please take a look at our WiFI Control Demo project.
Demonstration video hows exactly what you hypothesized.

Best regards.

ricao

#11 Post by ricao » 28 Nov 2012 00:04

Hi!
It would be nice for me put this project to run in the EasyMx PRO v7 for Stellaris® ARM®... :)

Is there any chance to have it? :wink:

Regards,

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#12 Post by dejan.odabasic » 28 Nov 2012 09:22

Hello,

when you install Network WiFi library for your compiler you can find this project in following location:
..\compiler\packages\Network_WiFi_ARM\Examples\Ad-Hoc Example\WiFi Demo Stellaris

Best regards.

Krishnadev

#13 Post by Krishnadev » 19 Dec 2012 06:54

Can we have libraries for the Wifi Plus Click MikroC AVR. I know there are codes in the LibStock- but I am unable to open them in a Windows Environment nor using a Mac OS. Please help! :cry: :cry:

This is the existing link : http://www.libstock.com/projects/downlo ... c_avr.mpkg

dejan.odabasic
mikroElektronika team

#14 Post by dejan.odabasic » 19 Dec 2012 09:49

Hello,

Libraries from LibStock need to be installed using our Package Manager software.
http://www.mikroe.com/package-manager/

Best regards.

kvantumax

#15 Post by kvantumax » 07 Mar 2013 18:36

Can you help me to implement ajax in the wifi demo.

Look here were i am asking for help:

http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53268

Return to “Libstock Discussion”