mikroBUS pinout standard specification

Here you can find latest news on mikroElektronika products.
Author

Re: mikroBUS pinout standard specification

#16 Post by Allann » 25 Feb 2012 08:16

I like mikro bus homepage because in this page you have put down all the necessary information about mikro bus pinpoint. Just tell me one thing why it is required that the mikro name must be printed on the silk screen if the board is designed by us?

janko.kaljevic

#17 Post by janko.kaljevic » 27 Feb 2012 11:31

Hello,

@Allann

Please check this post by Aleksandar, earlier in this topic.
anikolic wrote:Dear Mince,

The whole idea of mikroBUS was to help engineers and to make their lives easier. It is not our attention to complicate things in any way.
Is placing a small mikroBUS logo in full form Image, or even shorter version Image on your host connector of your custom board such a big deal to you?

We really think it is a useful feature in your design to provide this information on the silkscreen,
so the connector is fully described and your users are informed about compatibility with the boards they are supposed to be using on that connector.

We are open for discussion, of course, maybe you have some argumentation that is more convincing, that didn't cross our minds.
We invite you to explain us your point of view, so we can all benefit from this discussion.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

johnt

#18 Post by johnt » 12 Aug 2012 22:21

Seems like a good idea to me.

castingflame

#19 Post by castingflame » 30 Nov 2012 06:22

LoomBUS or WeaveWire :lol: . . . . made me chuckle at 5am !

lupus

#20 Post by lupus » 24 Jan 2013 10:15

it is impossible to attach a label for a product which does not conform to these standards.
looking forward to more of your test results

DigitalDunc

#21 Post by DigitalDunc » 04 Nov 2013 17:43

I don't usually use silkscreen as I make all my boards at home in the kitchen. Is it alright to put the logo on a spare spot in a copper pour? Will that be close enough?
Why use a half a dozen transistors when 3 billion will do. :-)

cavejug

#22 Post by cavejug » 08 Nov 2013 02:22

Hello Filip and Alexander,
I've gone twice through all posts on this topic, and I am not sure if Mince excepted the necessity and reasons and include your logo in his future designs. There are many who do not and will not recognise other peoples work, and go and blatantly copy and pillage work of others. Here in Oz, there is a flood if cheep rip-offs from China. They it seems simply do not care. Having said that, it is not my intention to insult Mince. I just find it peculiar he has difficulty to except your reasoning and explanations. Such is life. :!:

neilman

#23 Post by neilman » 29 Jun 2014 11:11

The proto-click board idea ...
filip wrote:Hi,

This is a fine suggestion which I will pass to our hardware developers to consider.
Thank you for your proposal.

Regards,
Filip.
I see from the news that "my" proto-click board idea a few years ago has sowed some valuable seeds to the students to come up with more click-board ideas.
I just knew it could lead to interesting ideas :D
Owner of a shiny new EasyPIC6,7 and PICPro7 - all good stuff

Return to “Product Announcements”