can tis circuit product 40khz using PIC18F452

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

can tis circuit product 40khz using PIC18F452

#1 Post by LIP » 01 Oct 2010 04:36

hi
can i use the circuit the for my ultrasonic sensor 40khz square pulses?
can i anyone explain the circuit to me, i know the part about the buffer and the amplifier but wat does the 4011 IC and the connection at osc1 AND osc2 for?
pls reply to tis post realy nd help
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (70.03 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

pwdixon

Re: can tis circuit product 40khz using PIC18F452

#2 Post by pwdixon » 02 Oct 2010 21:57

IC1 amplifies the received ultrasonic data stream. This is followed by a rectified and smoothed output.

IC2 is a comparator to give an on off signal for rx data present.

IC3 is a flip flop circuit that is set when the rx data is present and reset by the PIC using RA5.

RA4 provides a 40KHz output which is passed to IC3 and IC4 which is the driver for the transmitter.

OSC1 and OSC2 are the PIC crystal inputs.

The pot on RA0 sets some analogue level but can't tell why unless you read the PIC code.

The whole circuit operation is defined by the PIC firmware but 40KHz output is well within the PIC's capabilty with the right firmware (software).

Overall this looks like a distance measuring system using timed send/rec delays but there must be more of the circuit as there's no obvious display or indicator and the power supply is missing.

From the tone of your post I image you must be an electronics novice, you need to read some simple new user PIC notes, I would try the Mikro Elektronika online books that would explain the first steps in working with PICs.

Return to “mikroC General”