need help..spi eeprom using 93LC76C

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

need help..spi eeprom using 93LC76C

#1 Post by thinkpositivex23 » 31 May 2010 09:31

i want to combine eeprom and spi together but did't found
i want to know, can 93LC76C ICs EEPROM work with spi?
i try to search about this topic at another forum but, this don't have this topic...
can i use microC Library in this topic??

here, is a shematic of this circuit..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
thanks

Bigote

Re: need help..spi eeprom using 93LC76C

#2 Post by Bigote » 08 Jul 2010 07:00

Hi

I took a quick look at the datasheet the chip is SPI compatible but it is not easy to use. I recomend you to use the EEPROM board of Mikroe which uses the PCF8583. This EEPROM is not SPI compatible it interface is I2C but there are a lot of example's for this chip.

If you really want an SPI EEPROM chip then you can like search on www.digikey.com. Here you can search for EEPROM based on connectivity.

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: need help..spi eeprom using 93LC76C

#3 Post by tihomir.losic » 08 Jul 2010 16:21

Bigote wrote:Hi

I took a quick look at the datasheet the chip is SPI compatible but it is not easy to use. I recomend you to use the EEPROM board of Mikroe which uses the PCF8583.
Hello,

I need to make kind of a correction here. Accessory board which uses PCF8583 module is RTC board.
http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view/136/rtc-board/
RTC Board is a development tool for Real Time Clock PCF8583. It features a battery backup.

For using EEPROM, we have following board in offer:
EEPROM Board: http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view ... rom-board/
The EEPROM board features a high reliability, high performance CMOS technology serial 8K EEPROM 24C08.
It offers significant advantages in low-power and low-voltage applications. The 24C08 EEPROM uses the I²C
addressing protocol and 2-wire serial interface which includes a bidirectional serial data bus synchronized by the clock.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Return to “mikroC General”