UDP communication

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

UDP communication

#1 Post by a3ka2000 » 30 Mar 2010 03:02

Hi, I just move to MikroC compiler because it suits my application using ethernet based communication. They have working example, e.g. ping test. Because they don't serve TCP stack at the moment, I try to use UDP.

I have PC as the master (server) and the board, dsPIC30F6014A as the client. I look example "UdpReadUsartOut" available. I have some doubts:

1. I send data via UDP from PC then to the board. The board then transfer back the data via USART.

2. How to send the other way around, from USART to UDP port? Should I insert SPI_Ethernet_PutByte() in the UDP subroutine?

I'm using MikroC Pro for dsPIC 2.00.

thanks
warm wishes

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

Re: UDP communication

#2 Post by tihomir.losic » 30 Mar 2010 10:40

a3ka2000 wrote:Hi, I just move to MikroC compiler because it suits my application using ethernet based communication.
Hello,

I am suggesting you to continue with migration until you choose mikroC PRO for dsPIC.
mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 2010 includes a set of libraries and examples intended to facilitate application development.
Routines are documented in detail and allow quick start in programming microcontrollers;
browse through the supplied examples and learn how to utilize dsPIC30, dsPIC33 or PIC24 with minimum of code and effort.
a3ka2000 wrote:2. How to send the other way around, from USART to UDP port? Should I insert SPI_Ethernet_PutByte() in the UDP subroutine?
http://www.mikroe.com/esupport/index.ph ... et_putbyte
On this link is detailed description of SPI Ethernet library in mikroC PRO for dsPIC

For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

Bigote

Re: UDP communication

#3 Post by Bigote » 08 Jul 2010 07:07

Hi i have a library that can send information using the UDP protocol. It works flawlessly but the Usart part you need to do it on your own.

Return to “mikroC General”