Compiler development PIC32 or ARM --------Poll

General discussion on mikroC.
Author

#16 Post by fabim » 17 Dec 2008 13:55

well. As LPC, is much cheaper than PIC32, and can be found here in Brazil at any bakery ..!
My vote is for LPC ..

Mince-n-Tatties

ARM V's PIC32

#17 Post by Mince-n-Tatties » 25 Dec 2008 15:57

Hi all

Vote goes to PIC32

I use pic's to build automated testing solutions in a hurry, work smarter not harder :D

There was a time when i was jumping with joy to have an ARM software from the excellent mE guys. However for me personally this has changed, as i use ARM 7, 9, 11, Starcore & Cortex at work and i have several pro software which intergrates with my various JTAGs (ARM Realview ICE, Ti Blackhawk and the best of the best Lauterbach) this totals a cost of around £100k. I use the Lauterbach kit with my EasyARM dev-board and would likely not change to any other solution regardless of low cost. As has been previously mentioned you can grab the gcc C for free and i agree completely with the comment made that a one click install with the various components all brought together would be a great option to get people up and running with ARM on gcc, perhaps right down to supplying a run from CD distro type option for the many people that are living with windows and would not want to install linux just to compile ARM code. I am sure there are other options like virtual machine etc.

I also toy with the TI MSP430 series which is a great little low power consumption tool.

Enjoying 8.2.0.0
Mince-n-Tatties

==============================================
Super Proud Customer of MikroElektronica using EasyPic4, EasyPic5, MikroC for PIC, EasyARM. Tell the world how good your mE kit is.

underworldman

Re: Compiler development PIC32 or ARM --------Poll

#18 Post by underworldman » 22 May 2010 21:45

This news is OLD! where are the results? i want to start using PIC32 soon.

Return to “mikroC General”