Click GSM2 voice call

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

Click GSM2 voice call

#1 Post by pwdixon » 08 Feb 2016 10:05

I've got SMS working fine but I expected voice calls to be just as easy and it does not appear so. I have used a mobile phone headset with mic and I do get the call that I can answer with ATA and later hang up with ATH but in between there's no voice operation in either direction.

Could this be a code problem (perhaps a setup issue, command requitred for voice activation) or a difference in the connections to a mobile handsfree headset, or even a duff click board?

Is there an example of code that allows voice calls?

pwdixon

Re: Click GSM2 voice call

#2 Post by pwdixon » 10 Feb 2016 09:17

I found the examples given on the GSM webpage but I'm guessing that they are for a different GSM chip (click GSM not GSM2). Some commands in the call example don't even exist on the GSM2 module eg.
char atc2[] = "AT#HFMICG=4"; // handsfree microphone gain
char atc3[] = "AT#SHFEC=1"; // handsfree echo canceller
and some others, I have tried the equivalent correct commands for the GSM2 module but still not yet managed to get a voice call to work.

pwdixon

#3 Post by pwdixon » 10 Feb 2016 09:33

A separate but relevant question:

I see that the click GSM module has been removed from sale and a GSM3 module has appeared.

Why would anyone want the GSM3 module when it has all the same facilities of the GSM2 module less the handsfree connector and it's more expensive?

pwdixon

#4 Post by pwdixon » 18 Feb 2016 15:47

Wow. I thought that the ME forums were getting a bit irrelevant but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. Really was a waste of time posting I guess.

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 19 Feb 2016 14:21

Hi pwdixon,

I am so sorry for delay.
I had answers ready for you, but this slipped somehow.
Please excuse me for that.

I tested GSM2 click, and it function as it should.
If you have headset connected, beside ATA command, you should set AT+QUAUDCH(swap the audio channels).
Headset audio channel has value of 1: AT+QAUDCH=1

GSM Click is not removed from sale, you can see at our web site.
GSM click, GSM2 click, and GSM3 click have all different modules, and GSM3 click also supports bluetooth, and the module itself is more expensive.

Best regards,

Uros

pwdixon

#6 Post by pwdixon » 19 Feb 2016 14:34

You may well of tested a version a board like this but without working example code all it does is tell me that another device running some code did work once.

I will try your suggestion of changing channel and see if that makes it work.

Thanks

gsm2 clicker

#7 Post by gsm2 clicker » 09 Jun 2017 19:02

The AT+QAUDCH=1 command solved the problem of voice operation during calls. It should also be noted that the GSM2 Click 3.5mm audio jack does not have the same pinout as most modern headsets, so this must be accounted for to have microphone capabilities. The Mic and Ground are swapped when compared to most current headset pinouts.

Return to “Development Boards”