NewB needs help getting started with Connect Eve board.

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

NewB needs help getting started with Connect Eve board.

#1 Post by ChuckR » 01 Aug 2015 19:43

I have been searching for hours trying to find a simple example for using connect eve board with easyPICv7 board and PIC mikrobasic compiler. Does one exist or could someone direct me to the closest thing that I might be able to get started with. I think I really just need to see an example of initializing it and clicking a button and have it change something, anything. and maybe write info to a text box. That should be enough to get me going. I have found the ft800 library and installed it. I plan to use PIC18F46K22 chip.
Thanks,
:?
Chuck

MaGiK

Re: NewB needs help getting started with Connect Eve board.

#2 Post by MaGiK » 02 Aug 2015 08:53

Hello Chuck :D

Have you checked out the tutorial that (Megahurts) wrote about V.TFT? It's the best way to get you going!
http://www.mikroe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=56760

He used Connect EVE too, you just have to look through his examples and find the right ones for you :wink:

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

ChuckR

Re: NewB needs help getting started with Connect Eve board.

#3 Post by ChuckR » 15 Sep 2015 21:31

Still struggling with this, Megahurts used a PIC32 not a PIC18F45k22 so he used a different development platform as well. When in Visual TFT there isn't a selection for the easyPICv7 board. I tried to create the custom settings but then I ran into more confusion since it wants to use a capacitive touch screen but my connect eve board says it uses a restitive touch screen and I can't figure out how to change the settings, they appear disabled. :(
Does anyone have something simple they would share that runs on the easyPICv7 board, SPI mode for connect eve board. I realize the chip has limited resources but I don't need fancy graphics, just a couple of buttons and about a dozen boxes for displaying data. I am using the PIC18F46K22 so I have a little more memory to work with over the 45K22 chip.

Return to “Development Boards”