GSM Click Serial communication problem

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

GSM Click Serial communication problem

#1 Post by ElectricalGaro » 02 Mar 2015 13:15

Hi,

I am using the GSMclick board with an Arduino Micro.

I have a function that need to read an SMS message and then resend that information out.

The GSMclick returns some parts of that information, to the serial monitor, in unrecognisable symbols and some time only partial information.

This may be a baud rate issue, but I've tried to initialize all the baud rates available, and I have also tried to set the baud rate of the GSMclick manually using the AT commands.

But the problem persists.

Sometimes after messing with the code but returning to the same set of codes will also change the result of the output.

Are there any solutions for this? Thank you!

marina.petrovic

Re: GSM Click Serial communication problem

#2 Post by marina.petrovic » 03 Mar 2015 13:39

Hi,

Unfortunately, as I don't have the same hardware which you use, it's hard to determine where the problem occurs.

Like you already mentioned, when you have strange character it usually points on wrong baud rate or oscillator settings.

In example for GSM click which we provided there is part of the code related for negotiate baud rate:

Code: Select all

// Negotiate baud rate
  while(1) {
    GM862_Send(atc0);                 // atc0 = "AT"; Send "AT" string until GSM862 sets up its baud rate
    Delay_ms(100);                    // and gets it correctly
    if (Get_response() == GSM_OK)     // If GSM862 says "OK" on our baud rate we program can continue
      break;
  }
For any additional information, please, take a look at specification of the very module:
http://www.telit.com/products/product-s ... l865-quad/

Best regards,
Marina

Return to “Development Boards”