Need to delete bootloader from multimedia card

General discussion on mikroElektronika development boards.
Author

Need to delete bootloader from multimedia card

#1 Post by gzoino » 02 Sep 2014 16:24

Hi.
I have been programming my PIC32 Multimedia cards with the Mikroelektronika programmer, and decide to download and install the bootloader to do away with the programer, all works fine but the bootloader is introducing a delay at the very initialization part of the card. this delay causes some ports to be active for a few seconds which is crucial to my design and causes damage to my product by firing this port tool long before it all resets. Please without me having to make any changes to the program, can anyone suggest how i can delete the bootloader from the card so that i can go back programming with the programmer as i was. Thanks

Giulio

MaGiK

Re: Need to delete bootloader from multimedia card

#2 Post by MaGiK » 02 Sep 2014 19:08

Hello Giulio :D
gzoino wrote:Please without me having to make any changes to the program, can anyone suggest how i can delete the bootloader from the card so that i can go back programming with the programmer as i was.
To delete the bootloader firmware from the MikroMedia Board, you just have to use your external programmer to load any program into the MikroMedia Board.
Even programming by an external programmer the exact same program that was previously loaded using the bootloader (As in your case) will delete the bootloader. So, I believe there's no chance for any mistakes.

Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Development Boards”