Mikroprog suite bug on Win7

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

Mikroprog suite bug on Win7

#1 Post by Megahurts » 22 Feb 2012 23:13

Hi mE guys,

I get this problem with any version I've tried of the mikroprog suite software.
After clicking on the MCU info button, the program window looks like this and I can't
get it to go back to the original display unless I uninstall the software and re-install it.
I can't see or change the configuration bits when it does this. The only other solution
I have come up with is to change in the shortcut icons properties settings for it to start
with maximized window, but this takes up my whole display and even covers my task bar.

Trying to move the window by grabbing the title bar results in an even smaller program
window that is completely useless.
mikroprog_suite_bug.jpg
mikroprog_suite_bug.jpg (56.98 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
Any ideas as to why this happens?
Can you add a menu option to restore the window display to default appearance?

Thanks guys as always, Robert
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Mikroprog suite bug on Win7

#2 Post by filip » 23 Feb 2012 09:57

Hi,

Please, try changing the font size to normal (100%) in the Display properties and disable screen magnifying.

Regards,
Filip.

Megahurts

#3 Post by Megahurts » 24 Feb 2012 23:21

Thank you so much Filip,

That fixed it, my bad, forgot I had that set to 125%, my eyes are not what they used to be lol. :roll:

I would like to request that your programmers change it (and all your software), so that those
of us with weak eyes and/or fixed-resolutions/small-screens can use that feature built into
windows. Not essential, but would be nice. :D

Also, any plans to add a support forum for the Mikroprog Suite software?

Thank you for your support, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

Gnu

#4 Post by Gnu » 26 Feb 2012 13:49

Thanks also from me, as I was just about to ask the same question.

I too had altered the W7 display to 125% because my eyes also are a bit less effective than they were in the early 1950s messing about with HL2 valves.

Regards

Ian.

Megahurts

#5 Post by Megahurts » 26 Feb 2012 23:48

:D Ian,
I hear ya, well at least my hearing still works fine, but I think I am having a love / hate
relationship with these new hi-res wide screen LCD displays. Half-of-the-time I want to
turn it on its side so I can see a full page without the need to scroll so much.

So will suffer on for now, regards guys, Mhz.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#6 Post by filip » 27 Feb 2012 11:57

Hi,

You have a point there, it would be a good thing for our users.
I will speak to our developers regarding this and for the mikroProg Suite forum section with our web admin.

Regards,
Filip.

Gnu

#7 Post by Gnu » 27 Feb 2012 17:24

Hello again.

I have indulged myself with the luxury of 3 screens, as follows:
1 x portrait
2 x landscape.
For mE work I use the portrait for Help, landscape1 for the Compiler and landscape 2 for Microchip Datasheets, It saves an awful lot of time not scrolling or moving pages back and forward.
The portrait screen is a wide screen monitor physically turned round 90 degrees; graphics card software will rotate the screen's contents. (It is also quite useful for composing letters, which usually get printed in portrait layout)

Regards
Ian.

Megahurts

#8 Post by Megahurts » 01 Mar 2012 16:07

Wow Gnu,

That sounds like a pretty slick setup. nice.

I do most of my code programming on a wide screen laptop, as I most times have it with me,
but if I can get my spare LCD monitor back from my brother, I'd like to try a dual monitor
setup on my tower PC and see if it can help me work better.

Thanks for the info on how you work on yours, Mhz.

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”