(Solved) Where are Srdjan's posts? And where is Anikolic?

General discussion on mikroElektronika website & forums.
Author

(Solved) Where are Srdjan's posts? And where is Anikolic?

#1 Post by MaGiK » 27 Jun 2015 07:41

It's about time that I ask this.
After all, the college year is finally over, so my free time is starting :D

I'll try to help people with simple issues as I used to earlier :mrgreen:
But where are Srdjan's posts?
They lighten up the mood of the forum, without them, the posts are like "Help me, my super evil board isn't working" or "Help me, my board is working but it's trying to eat me" ... You know, the boring stuff :wink:

Aleksandar Nikolic, AKA (Marketing Genius) has gone missing as well. Where is he?

I hope I'm not asking for a lot to ask for, but I really miss those two :(
Btw, congrats to Nemanja, I'd have loved to see you play :D

Other than that, keep up the amazing work guys. MikroElektronika will always be awesome!
Best Regards
Last edited by MaGiK on 02 Aug 2015 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Megahurts

Re: Where are Srdjan's posts? And where is Anikolic?

#2 Post by Megahurts » 27 Jun 2015 10:38

Hey MaGiK,

I assume the jovial mood means classes went well and if so, congrats :D We welcome you to take a break and happy you chose to hang with us instead. :lol:

As to Srdjan being missing, I believe he has been busy with news announcements from what I've seen, but I've been distracted by something extremely shinny, and large
and shinny.... Yes very shinny indeed.
This episode started last month (Picture taken 5/28/2015) and has had me staying up many nights. So much so I had not seen actual sunlight for too long I think because I went to do a few chores
outside today and only lasted minutes before I smelled smoke and had to seek cover from wrong kind of shinny.

No, I'm not a vampire 8) :lol: , but would love to be one if it meant I could spend all night, any night with this beautifully shinny large "LightBucket" :shock: , (the one on the left). :roll:
ODYSSEY1. Dobsonian Type.<br />13.1&quot; main mirror<br />f/4.5 / 1475mm
ODYSSEY1. Dobsonian Type.
13.1" main mirror
f/4.5 / 1475mm
Mikes Giant Telescope.JPG (838.97 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
The one on the right is required for those all niter's also because I come in 2nd place (barely) by weight.
And the big guy (Mike) is the owner besides. :lol: We've been good friends since preschool days.

The real reason Mike is smiling (in this picture) is because I just told him my role in helping his Mother get the scope,
set it up outside his bedroom (behind him, the day before) on the back deck (through the slide door in right side of picture)
and without him seeing it out there until about his 5th visit to the bathroom (behind left wall in picture).

We are still learning how to use this beast, but even badly needing culminating (aligned), it has given us the best look back in time and views of the night sky either of us has ever had. We both have 2 other telescopes that require being outside of the city before
anything can be seen but the brightest objects.
Not this baby though, even in the city the eyepiece explodes with bright diamonds of light, making it very hard to determine which shinny object is the one to match with the star charts.

Well, we're heading out in the morning to go setup a good place we might be able to get some good viewing over the weekend.
Have a great weekend everyone, be safe and don't forget to watch the sky's night shows this month and next.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

MaGiK

#3 Post by MaGiK » 27 Jun 2015 16:53

Hello Megahurts :D
It's very nice to see you while I have almost nothing to do :D
Megahurts wrote:I assume the jovial mood means classes went well and if so, congrats We welcome you to take a break and happy you chose to hang with us instead.
Yup, you guessed right! And dude, the pleasure is mine for hanging out here. I really like it here in this forum :D
Megahurts wrote:As to Srdjan being missing, I believe he has been busy with news announcements from what I've seen
Indeed there are lots of news recently, but that doesn't mean that he can just ignore his biggest fans :( Besides, we might want to say something on these news every once and a while. His stopping from posting them here takes away our valuable chance of saying anything :(

Now about that giant friend, (the one on the left). :roll:
WOW! I've never seen such a huge telescope dude! TBH, I've never seen a telescope at all IRL :cry:
But looking at the stars had just gained my interest because of your words. You could become an amazing story teller :wink:

I hope learning how to use that beast is simple.
Mike surely looks like he just caught a very big fish!
Btw, what is that around Mike's neck?!? :shock:

I truly wish you guys have a great time with your adventures. I also wish you guys the best of luck.
As for me, I've just unboxed my EasyPIC V7 and my MikroC dongle, and I hope that I'll regain what I forgot :mrgreen:

Wish you all the best ... without squirrels :shock:
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

srdjan.misic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by srdjan.misic » 29 Jun 2015 12:04

Hi guys,

Well, I stopped posting here regularly because I was under the impression that I'm cluttering up the forum with new posts every day. My thinking was that who wanted to read the news could do so on the site. Didn't realize I would be missed :)

But now I'll have to return, by popular demand :P

Maybe I could start one continuous thread and post news there. So you would get the news on the forum, but everything would be contained within a single topic instead of dominating the entire forum. What do you think?

MaGiK

#5 Post by MaGiK » 29 Jun 2015 14:17

You have no idea how much I've missed you Srdjan Misic!
I just love it when I make my daily visit to the forum and click (view unread posts) and see your name in the list. It makes my forum time much brighter :D
srdjan.misic wrote:I stopped posting here regularly because I was under the impression that I'm cluttering up the forum with new posts every day.
No, not at all. It's your posts which make this forum much enjoyable for me. Drop that wrong impression please :wink:
srdjan.misic wrote:My thinking was that who wanted to read the news could do so on the site. Didn't realize I would be missed
Yes, we can read the news there, but we can't say anything about them :(
You should start realizing that we missed you ... a lot!
srdjan.misic wrote:But now I'll have to return, by popular demand
:D YAYYYYYYYYYYY! :D Now, you're talking! I hope to see your name here and there ... a lot!
srdjan.misic wrote:Maybe I could start one continuous thread and post news there. So you would get the news on the forum, but everything would be contained within a single topic instead of dominating the entire forum. What do you think?
Hmmm ... I don't think it would be a good choice since you'd have so many pages in that thread.
You see, in that case, we would say "Where did he make the post about the ... let's make project? Was it in the 6th page? Or the 7th page?" ... It was in the 5th :lol:
So, I believe the previous way is better :D

I really hope Aleksandar Nikolic is doing great as well :D

Keep up the amazing work Srdjan Misic :D
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

Megahurts

#6 Post by Megahurts » 04 Jul 2015 17:07

:mrgreen: I second MaGiK's motions.

Hi Srdjan: Yes, I too missed being able to comment on the news postings.
I'm always surprised or caught off guard by your colorful and funny worldly references.
-- I'm sending a more detailed survey or proposal your way direct real soon Srdjan, still refining it.

btw MaGiK, Pluto was discovered with a 13" mirror telescope, that one is slightly bigger! :shock:

Happy BOOM BOOM Day, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

MaGiK

#7 Post by MaGiK » 04 Jul 2015 18:15

Welcome back Megahurts :D
I hope you had a great journey :D

Thanks a lot for seconding my feelings about Srdjan Misic posts! (Is "seconding" a word? :roll: )
Now, I gotta say that I second your words about the colourfulness and enjoyability of his posts :D

But the thing is that he didn't really come back :cry:
There had been five news segments after my first post of this topic, and he didn't post any of them here :(
Those news start from the (published API for SpeakUP) to the recently released (I2C 1-wire Click board) :(

I really hope that he returns very soon :cry:
No news about Aleksandar Nikolic as well :(
Megahurts wrote:btw MaGiK, Pluto was discovered with a 13" mirror telescope, that one is slightly bigger!
I don't know about telescopes, so I'm assuming that 13" mirror one is a big beast :?
I envy you for being able to look at the sky with that telescope Megahurts. I wish I could try it one day :mrgreen:

Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

MaGiK

#8 Post by MaGiK » 09 Jul 2015 20:34

Hello there technical support team :D
First of all, thank you so much for your amazing work. It's very appreciated :D

Could someone please tell Srdjan Misic to return to the forum?
You've got no idea how that will change my experience in the forum :wink:

Thank you so much for everything :D
Best Regards
Gotta catch them all!

Megahurts

#9 Post by Megahurts » 17 Jul 2015 07:08

Hey guys,

A picture update from over Independence Holiday camping at my friends cabin near Idaho-Montana boarder.
RobertT_13.1LightBucket_MikeE_HumphreyID.JPG
RobertT_13.1LightBucket_MikeE_HumphreyID.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5283 times
It's a very funny thing, almost everyone who seen the telescope sitting there stopped in and asked when we were going to light its "Fuse"?! :lol:

Maybe taking it out during the 4th of July Holiday wasn't fair to the spectators, but it sure was funny how many asked if it was a cannon and how disappointed they were when told it would only catch on fire if pointed at the Sun.

Peace all, Robert.

MaGiK

#10 Post by MaGiK » 17 Jul 2015 08:50

Welcome back Megahurts :D
I'm glad that you're back from your journey. I hope you had lots of fun :D
I just saw your post, and it was like "A picture update L" and that's it!!! I guess that was a typo :mrgreen:

I don't blame anyone for mistaking that scope for a cannon. It looks like one with the colour and the stars!
Mike looks a bit out of shape compared to you, but he sure looks like a guy with lots of stamina and lots of joy to hang out with :D
The place looks so peaceful and calm. I'd love to have a place like that for myself :cry:
I'd show no mercy and I'd hunt lots of squirrels there :lol:

Too bad Srdjan Still didn't return to making posts in the forum :cry:

I'm truly glad that I got to know someone like you in this forum Megahurts. Your posts are among those that I look forward to :D
Best Regards :wink:
Gotta catch them all!

Megahurts

#11 Post by Megahurts » 17 Jul 2015 23:00

Thanks MaGiK,

The same back my friend, it's been a pleasure and honor to chat with you and everyone here for the last 5 years or so.
I just saw your post, and it was like "A picture update L" and that's it!!! I guess that was a typo :mrgreen:
Yeah, that was my first attempt to use my tablet to post something here and I've decided they are not well suited for that task. I hate trying to type on the touch screen keyboard.
It reduces me from 120 WPM to 2 WPM with 118 MPM (Mistakes Per Minute). :x :lol:
Plus I was at the Bar between games of Foosball trying to get it posted before next match, which took less time than doing that post. :?

It was a nice camping trip we had, although not without its "adventures".
The friend that owns the cabin (not pictured), had gone up before Mike and I did on the 4th and when he unlocked and flipped the main 240V 180Amp breaker to On, it shorted out to the breaker box
back panel and melted a hole in the box and started the wall it was mounted on to catch fire!
cabin_breakerbox sml.JPG
cabin_breakerbox sml.JPG (146.13 KiB) Viewed 5270 times
He got the fire out before much damage was done, but had to have power company shut off power at the line so Mike and I could replace the whole breaker box and breaker with new ones we brought with us.
Since it was a Holiday weekend, power could not be restored until following Friday.
So we "roughed" it out with flashlights and oil lanterns and gas grill cooking. I Thank the makers of multi-LED flashlights, otherwise the batteries would not have lasted.

Mike is a "Chief" and master at cooking many delicious entrees with only the basics available to cook with. He obviously loves his work, lol (who orders food from a skinny Chief???). :roll:
Not having power for the refrigerator meant we had to cook everything before it went bad.
I really hated having to eat all those gigantic Shrimp tails wrapped in Bacon and stir fried rice. :lol:

:cry: Sadly, we only had one night that was free of rain, lightning and clouds to use the telescope. We are planning another high country camping trip for next month when we go to Crystal Park
to dig for some Gems during the daytime, and hopefully spot some during the nights with the Scope.

Before that trip, we plan to add some updates to the scope:
New 2" Crayford Dual rate Focuser (Gold color). https://focuser.com/cgi-bin/whmexec.cgi ... y=3.00&e=h
2 detachable pneumatic wheels and lift bars on the base so it can be wheeled around instead of carried.
Alt-Azimuth computer drive stepper motors for auto-tracking and "Go-to" capabilities (so we can actually look at intended target without getting side tracked by everything else we can now see).
Digital eyepiece Color Camera-->USB Laptop screen, so no more taking turns at eyepiece and refocusing required.
A couple of new 2" eyepieces (currently uses 1.25" that we both have sets of. Adapter comes with Crayford), with one being a variable zoom power so eliminates need to change eyepieces. (hopefully?)
Possibly a new paint scheme since it has a new life/beginning now.
Some Red LED's on base edges/corners so no one trips on it in the dark anymore! Despite being that big, it is very hard to see it at 3:00Am. :oops: Have scar on shin to prove it now.

If you (or anyone) is ever in the area, let me know and would love to meet and show around.

Have to go now and finish some coding and documents, take care, Robert.

MaGiK

#12 Post by MaGiK » 22 Jul 2015 10:45

Hello there Megahurts :D
Megahurts wrote:I hate trying to type on the touch screen keyboard.
Same here bro, these touch screens are not for typing, that's for sure :wink:

I'm truly glad that no one got hurt because of the main breaker issue back then, these things are very scary :oops:
And I'm truly sorry that you had to spend a couple of days without electricity. That's really annoying! :evil:

So, I wish you a much better luck for your next adventure; no rain, no lightning, no clouds, no nothing :D

The updates (Or rather upgrades) of the scope sound very interesting indeed :mrgreen:
It seems as if you're upgrading your telescope in the same fashion I'm upgrading my EasyPIC V7, however my upgrades are simply adding more Click boards to the horde :lol:

Take care Megahurts, hopefully when you return, you'll some some posts from Srdjan Misic here and there :D
Best Regards :D
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “Website & Forums General Discussion”